• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So I just got a phone call........

I just received a phone call from some guy I could barely understand, claiming that he needs to come to my house to explain the $4000.00 death benefits associated with my GOAL membership. Has anyone else received a similar call? I guess I filled out a card when I renewed for some supposed free benefits. I've been a member for years and never had to do this.

Yes, I received a similar call. Heavy accent and telemarketing - who thought that was a good idea?

They called a couple times, I eventually told them not to come and if they did my rotty has an zone fence so good luck.

Never heard again, and they never came.

Yes...it's something that comes with your membership package. I never set up an appointment b/c I wasn't interested in a sales pitch to buy more insurance.

I got a call too. I told him I was not interested in addtional protection and he said that I could not receive this benefit UNLESS he met with me.
I told him to keep it...

Sounds like a scam or trying to sell you some crap.

Exactly. I asked if this was some deal where he was going to sell me something, and he said there were other benefits available for purchase and that he had to explain the benefits.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a call too. I told him I was not interested in addtional protection and he said that I could not receive this benefit UNLESS he met with me.
I told him to keep it...

thats where I'm headed, he's supposed to call me at 4:00 tommorrow.

Call Tara at GOAL and let her know this is going on.

Don't call Tara...

Yes, you get accidental death and dismemberment insurance as part of your GOAL membership. They're calling because you filled out and returned a card at some point. Apparently they need to come out to get a signature for a beneficiary, and they will also try to sell you more insurance. This isn't uncommon.

If you want to file a complaint or have any issues, here's the number to call: 508-951-0353. You want to speak to Robin Andrade.

We do NOT handle this in our office, so calling us will only result in us telling you that you'll have to speak with Robin. She handles all the insurance stuff.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/152366-Goal-death-benefits-call

I told him to keep it...
And here I thought you would have offered to explain his death benefit.....[wink]

I just called Luis Nocomprendo off caller id and told him to screw. He was not pleased. He'll be less pleased if he shows up anyway. Douche.

Call him back..."Wow!! you're going to GIVE me Four Grand!!!!""
play it up for 10 minutes or so, drive him shithouse!

Telemarketer just called looking for me..." I haven't seen him in weeks! When you find him, tell him I'm banging his wife!!" [rofl]

Call him back..."Wow!! you're going to GIVE me Four Grand!!!!""
play it up for 10 minutes or so, drive him shithouse!

Telemarketer just called looking for me..." I haven't seen him in weeks! When you find him, tell him I'm banging his wife!!" [rofl]

I've got his phone number if anyone wants to play.[smile]

I got the same call - I told him I was out of the country for a few months and to call back in several months ...

We do NOT handle this in our office, so calling us will only result in us telling you that you'll have to speak with Robin. She handles all the insurance stuff.

This not 100.00% true. GOAL handles the decision to forward the sales information to its members and, as such, bears responsibility for the fact that this is happening - even if GOAL does not handle the sales process. As long as it's made clear on the card "attendance at an in person sales presentation is required to receive this benefit", and GOAL forwards the info, rather than provides its mailing list, it isn't doing anything wrong.

But, to deny that GOAL does any "handling" is inaccurate, as it is GOAL that arranged for the solicitation.

I just received a phone call from some guy I could barely understand, claiming that he needs to come to my house to explain the $4000.00 death benefits associated with my GOAL membership. Has anyone else received a similar call? I guess I filled out a card when I renewed for some supposed free benefits. I've been a member for years and never had to do this.

DONT DO IT!! My Dad got a call from a guy who was said he was with the Maine Snowmobile Association claiming that I can be entitled to 5000 death insurance benefits. He said he needs to stop buy to explain it to my Dad. The guy came tonight and tried to sell us insurance. (he promptly received a boot in the ass out the door) They are scamming while using the names of associations. What a bunch of a**h***s. [hmmm]

- - - Updated - - -

I've got his phone number if anyone wants to play.[smile]

Im game, list it [rofl]

This not 100.00% true. GOAL handles the decision to forward the sales information to its members and, as such, bears responsibility for the fact that this is happening - even if GOAL does not handle the sales process. As long as it's made clear on the card "attendance at an in person sales presentation is required to receive this benefit", and GOAL forwards the info, rather than provides its mailing list, it isn't doing anything wrong.

But, to deny that GOAL does any "handling" is inaccurate, as it is GOAL that arranged for the solicitation.

It's AIL. They're an insurance company. They offer AD&D and other benefits to organizations in exchange for a mailing to their membership. Every member gets the insurance and receives a letter that explains the benefits and says if they want to receive the other benefits (prescription card, etc) or designate a beneficiary, they need to fill out and return a card. A representative will contact you.

If you need insurance, a prescription card, etc then set up a meeting. If you don't, then don't. However, to be rude to an insurance salesman or mad at GOAL because you, or someone else, didn't bother to read is idiocy. The guy is just doing his job and you provided him your phone number to call.

Back
Top Bottom