So...how much???

Ok, this is my first year really into guns and shooting. There is no doubt I'm totally hooked..Being a halfway intelligent person I also totally see what is coming [thinking]
So I ask(just to prepare myself...)

How much do you think you've spent on guns and shooting? (I am not your wife pertending to be PaiN..so answer freely [rolleyes] )

Ok, this is my first year really into guns and shooting. There is no doubt I'm totally hooked..Being a halfway intelligent person I also totally see what is coming [thinking]
So I ask(just to prepare myself...)

How much do you think you've spent on guns and shooting? (I am not your wife pertending to be PaiN..so answer freely [rolleyes] )

That ALL DEPENDS ON HOW BAD YOUR ILLNESS IS AND HOW DEEP YOUR POCKETS ARE OR HOW DEEP YOU ARE WILLING TO GO INTO DEBT.

[grin]

FRED

Guns?? Shooting?? Have no idea what your talking about. I spend absolutely no money on any kind of these types of items. ALL of my money goes directly to the wife where she gives me a small allowance so I can buy her presents.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it. [wink][rolleyes][laugh]

Well, I'm a new shooter myself and here's what I have spent since last month:

A lot... But no more than my new-found hobbies in the past: skiing, wood-working etc.

This, however, is priceless:
DSC00256.jpg

Last edited:
I'd rather not answer, but I will say buying used firearms is good condition (or excellent cond.) can save you a lot of money. You can't have too many .22's, cheap to acquire, cheap to feed and lots of fun.

When you buy ammo (or components) buy in bulk.

Start reloading as soon as you can if you have any centerfire arms. A single stage press can be found for short $$ iffin' you look around.

Well, you won't really save very much as you'll just be shooting a LOT more.

Become a scrounger and start picking up other peoples brass at the range. Toss the steel cased casings in the trash and save the brass. I save empties even if they are in a caliber I don't shoot. (Yet.) [smile]
The range will be cleaner and you'll have a bucketfull of brass before you know it.

Good luck with the new hobby.

Do NOT ask me that... Ever since I stopped to figure out how much I've spent on the Appleseed trail over the last year in my quest to shoot Rifleman (and get a spare LTR or two for my relatives) (about $1600), I'm afraid to tote up what you just asked.

Fuggedaboudit.

4. I also really really want a nice match M1A as my first rifle. Has the budget, afraid of the wife. :)

I too have the means and budget. And I too fear the wife as new hardware has to get by her before it can go in the safe. [rules]

In any case, I am up to about $1k this year in guns, maybe another $200 in ammo and assorted cleaning supplies.

I am hoping to sneak in a Sig 556 soon.

And if my wife is on here, I am not typing this at will - the aliens are forcing me to do it.

Well, I am just a beginner (bouht first gun in April) and after paying for my second one it will be more than I normally spend on clothes for a couple of years... But the real problem is that I am expecting to spend A LOT of time on it. Hubby will be mad [wink]

Half a mid priced car the first two years. Then again I am either all in or all out and never go half way. I always try to buy someone elses guns and there is enough people out there and on the forum that don't like the feel of something they bought. I like the idea of recirculation.

That also includes several guns owned by the wife as well. She has turned into a real GUN GRABBER since she got her LTC. First my rifles and now my mosquito and next she will probably want to take an AR.

Last edited:
Since I started a little over 6 months ago just in guns i've spent around $5,800 or so nevermind ammo and accessories. I think I got bit by the bug bad, but it was a long time comming. I'm just playing catch up is all [smile]

Who the @#$% are you, and why are you working for my wife? Everything I buy is either "buy one - get one free", close out, or in some bargain bin. Everything else has been given to me as a gift. [wink]

If I just count what I've spent in this forum, counting the $500 I've ssent to C-Pher alone, my total for just the last year is a couple grand.

Then when I actually go out to a gunshop... I spend a tad more.

It's an illness I tell you.

Parse my words carefully, Mr. Kelly...

It's probably been at least a year since I bought any _new_ guns.

Is "Parse" a legal term for I bought a shitload of used guns, equipment, flashlights, uppers, lowers, musket and other items too personal to mention? [smile] I still don't know what you use that vibrating case tumbler and all that KY Jelly for!

Is "Parse" a legal term for I bought a shitload of used guns, equipment, flashlights, uppers, lowers, musket and other items ...
I think you are on to something! [grin]

Respectfully,

jkelly

Ha.....
Since I got started in Feb....I dropped about $700. Bought a Savage .22cal MkII w/scope, sight-scope, bipod and sling from a bud and a new Ruger MkIII22/45 + ammo, targets, clean kits and range fees...Not including the $480 going down this week for a club membership.
All in all this seems about average.....I hate to be average so now I have to buy a 9mm ..that I wasn't going to buy [laugh] because I have "enough guns"

Def. over $35,000 between guns and components. With guns ranging from $2000- $5000 that money adds up quickly. Damn, I think it's time to start selling some of these things to pay for the new baby on the way. HAHA

Pete

Back
Top Bottom