So, how do YOU define "He's a good shot"?

Lars Anderson? That guy's for real? I honestly thought he was an actual (fake) youtube meme.

Pretty good shot.

Many years ago we were at a range shooting various guns at various targets at mixed distances we were the only people there so we were kind of just blowing the shit out of stuff. We had a white gallon milk jug out at the berm 100 yards away. So this guy walks up and starts up a conversation. I had seen him around the club before and he eventually asked me if he could shoot my 629 which I had loaded with some pretty hot hand loads.

He takes the gun, straight arms it at shoulder height and fires off six into the milk jug. OK, he could shoot!

As a Corporal, one of the Drill Sergeants had been in the AMU - Army Marksmanship Unit. He used to give me drills to practice while I was junior duty NCO.

While the unit was at the range, brought out my new Colt Gold Cup. He agreed to let me shoot it there, so I offered to let him shoot it first.

He put the full magazine into the face of a pop up target at 50 meters, said “Nice pistol” and handed it back to me.

1. I was JUST thinking about Lars this morning on the way to work. That guy has an eye for sure.

2. I once saw a video where 12 guys hit a girl's keyhole in a row. It went from mini-padlock to massive deadbolt. LOL

Weapon in hand. Ammo for said weapon 8' away on the floor. One shot, hit = kill. 30-50' away from opponent. On the BEEP, Jerry is going down. Second shot? He will win. Accuracy, about equal. But you can't load that revolver that fast. The way that Lars shoots an arrow is very middle-ages efficient.

Weapon in hand. Ammo for said weapon 8' away on the floor. One shot, hit = kill. 30-50' away from opponent. On the BEEP, Jerry is going down. Second shot? He will win. Accuracy, about equal. But you can't load that revolver that fast. The way that Lars shoots an arrow is very middle-ages efficient.
Revolver has 6 to 8 shots depending on revolver.
We will use 8 as that is what he shoots on competition.

8 shots from Jerry in 2 seconds + 1 second reload with moonclips + 2 seconds for an additional 8 shots.

16 shots on target in 5 seconds.

Try that with arrows.

1 second reload with moonclips is doable, I reload mine in around 1-1.5 seconds and I am not a pro or practice nearly as much as Jerry practices.

Games and sporting endeavors aside, in a time of need if you can shoot to stop an advancing threat, you're good enough. The right mental mindset to not be a victim in a life-or-death situation and to act accordingly to defend yourself or others is critical to this definition of "a good shot" that a paper puncher or plate dinger doesn't need and might not have.

"Minute of advancing threat" accuracy is measured differently

Games and sporting endeavors aside, in a time of need if you can shoot to stop an advancing threat, you're good enough. The right mental mindset to not be a victim in a life-or-death situation and to act accordingly to defend yourself or others is critical to this definition of "a good shot" that a paper puncher or plate dinger doesn't need and might not have.

"Minute of advancing threat" accuracy is measured differently

Ahh tactical timmys, dumbing down marksmanship since the start of Instagram.

I define good shot as putting a bullet or projectile where you want it within the mechanical limits of the weapon at any distance.

Back
Top Bottom