• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So do you tell a LEO at a traffic stop if you're carrying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I know, I'll get beaten for bringing up that subject again [laugh]

Since I've just managed to get my safe moved over to my new place, I went to my dad's place this evening to pick up some of my handguns that I'd stored with him. When I got there I realized all I had was a pickup truck and nothing to lock the handguns up in. So I drove away from there with six guns strapped about my waist and/or stuffed in various pockets and 3+ pounds of black powder sitting on the seat next to me, and I'm thinking, "oh, please, please don't get pulled over. I don't know how I'd explain this one quickly enough to keep the officer from freaking out."

I made it home without incident, though when I got there my wife gave me a WTF? look and my boy said, "Daddy, why you got too many guns? Your funny."

My advise:
Leave your hands on the wheel, dont make any fast movements, and fully disclose if asked. Most importantly always be polite and respectful.

I know, I know, I'll get beaten for bringing up that subject again [laugh]

Since I've just managed to get my safe moved over to my new place, I went to my dad's place this evening to pick up some of my handguns that I'd stored with him. When I got there I realized all I had was a pickup truck and nothing to lock the handguns up in. So I drove away from there with six guns strapped about my waist and/or stuffed in various pockets and 3+ pounds of black powder sitting on the seat next to me, and I'm thinking, "oh, please, please don't get pulled over. I don't know how I'd explain this one quickly enough to keep the officer from freaking out."

I made it home without incident, though when I got there my wife gave me a WTF? look and my boy said, "Daddy, why you got too many guns? Your funny."
I could of had fun with that stop[wink]

Is there any good reason why I shouldn't lock this thread?

Oh, I can't. Well, if I could I would.

JD, that's classic..... [rofl]

Must be nice to finish moving.

-Mike

Is there any good reason why I shouldn't lock this thread?

Cause I can just keep posting even if it's locked? [wink]

drgrant said:
Must be nice to finish moving.

Yeah, but I've currently got about a quarter of the back of the house down to the studs and so I'm still hemorrhaging money. (Yeah, I did know I had to do it before I bought the place, but it still hurts.)

The master of the MGL is asking a question he knows the answer to? And he's dragging out a subject that is [horse]? As a mod no less?[shocked] [laugh]

I think to answer your question you should tell him that you're doing a poncho villa impression at the local mexican-american center and that the powder is for effects. Or you could tell him you're Denny Crane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Oo-BjKzCE

Imagine the headlines "crazed gunman stopped with arsenal strapped to him"[rofl2]

Just wait till I try and defend myself in court [rofl]. "Your honor, your a dumb ass, and that's a load of crap. C. 140 § 131C clearly states..." "Besides, forget about me, I can lead you to the real trouble. There's this dude named Doobie."

Last edited:
Just wait till I try and defend myself in court [rofl]. "Your honor, your a dumb ass, and that's a load of crap. C. 140 § 131C clearly states..." "Besides, forget about me, I can lead you to the real trouble. There's this dude named Doobie."

Now that is just wrong on so many levels, the poor guy isn't even here to defend himself.[smile][rofl]

[laugh]

The_Boondock_Saints_-_Il_Duce.jpg

Our own flotter[smile]

Unfortunately Ive been pulled over twice while I had firearms in my car. Both times I wasn't carrying. I had 6 firearms all properly stored with about 700+ rounds in my trunk. Both times the officer didn't ask so I wasn't going to say anything in fear of being cuffed and stuffed for awhile while he finds out I'm legal. I must say the officers were very nice and gave me warnings both times.

My advise:
Leave your hands on the wheel, dont make any fast movements, and fully disclose if asked. Most importantly always be polite and respectful.

+1.

If asked, I would declare that I'm an LTC holder and if I'm carrying. This ensures the safety of both the arresting officer and you.

Otherwise, I'd invoke my Fifth Amendment right to remain silent.

What did your dad say as you were leaving the house?

If you had been pulled over, the cop pulling you over would have probably laughed at you.

Of course I'm assuming that you went home via Stow Rd to East End, so you would have been pulled over by someone that knows you.

Does Pomeroy still live on your street, I think he's still works as a LEO in your town.

+1.

If asked, I would declare that I'm an LTC holder and if I'm carrying. This ensures the safety of both the arresting officer and you.

Otherwise, I'd invoke my Fifth Amendment right to remain silent.

+1, I would only say I was carrying if asked.

That's an answer to the old question. The new question is, "What do you tell a LEO when there are so many guns carried that they're sticking out every which way and the weight is pulling your pants down?" and if they ask what kind of guns you have, do you say "a Webley MkVI, an Enfield No2 Mk1, a CZ 52 & 82, a nagant 1895, and a Colt 1908", or do you just say, "um, handguns?"[laugh]

That's an answer to the old question. The new question is, "What do you tell a LEO when there are so many guns carried that they're sticking out every which way and the weight is pulling your pants down?" and if they ask what kind of guns you have, do you say "a Webley MkVI, an Enfield No2 Mk1, a CZ 52 & 82, a nagant 1895, and a Colt 1908", or do you just say, "um, handguns?"[laugh]

threaduselesswithoutpics.jpg

At my LTC course I was recommended to say the following:

Officer, I would like to mention that I have a valid Massachusetts LTC Class A no restriction and I have a loaded(unloaded) gun(s) on me

I would have expected just the "your funny" Not the bit about "too many guns" from your son.

His grammar isn't too good yet. I know what he meant was "carrying so many guns you look silly." rather than "too many guns" in general. His stupid liberal grandmother (sorry ma, love you! [wink]) gives me crap just because he tells her all about daddy's guns, and she doesn't want to hear any of it.

His grammar isn't too good yet. I know what he meant was "carrying so many guns you look silly." rather than "too many guns" in general. His stupid liberal grandmother (sorry ma, love you! [wink]) gives me crap just because he tells her all about daddy's guns, and she doesn't want to hear any of it.

I read too quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom