So confused about Boston assault rifle ban.

jho

Does this apply to preban rifles? I thought the entirety of MA had an assault weapons ban already and as long as it didn't have 2 evil features it wasn't an assault rifle.

According to this,
http://www.goal.org/masslawpages/bostonawban.html

All of the listed models and variants are 100% illegal in Boston with no mention of production date or removal of evil features.

Please correct me if I'm wrong which I hope I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this apply to preban rifles? I thought the entirety of MA had an assault weapons ban already and as long as it didn't have 2 evil features it wasn't an assault rifle.

According to this,
http://www.goal.org/masslawpages/bostonawban.html

All of the listed models and variants are 100% illegal in Boston with no mention of production date or removal of evil features.

Please correct me if I'm wrong which I hope I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See bolded part. You are CORRECT on your assumption.

You can not legally possess them at any time within the city (and associated villages) limits. You can legally own them as long as you do not store them or possess them within the city.

The law was passed in 1989 and thus the term "pre-ban" (which means pre-9/14/1994) is irrelevant.

What if I'm driving from Plymouth to NH and I stop off 93 in Southie to get gas? Locked in a case in the cab of the truck. Am I in violation of the city ordinance?

You are allowed to drive threw I would think getting gas would fall into that,but it's Boston, MA. so you really don,t know if it's ok until you end up in court.

What if I'm driving from Plymouth to NH and I stop off 93 in Southie to get gas? Locked in a case in the cab of the truck. Am I in violation of the city ordinance?

All indications to date are that it only applies to RESIDENTS of the gulag named Boston, not to traveling thru or those who don't live there.

DARN! From that first reply in the thread it looks like it hasn't noticeably been enforced.
I talked to a Prosecutor about it.

It has been used to hold someone while they figured out what else to charge him with, but to his knowledge no one had been tried.

All indications to date are that it only applies to RESIDENTS of the gulag named Boston, not to traveling thru or those who don't live there.

Awesome! Some day I hope to have a pied-à-terre in Boston with lots of assault weapons like the rich folk!

another stupid question has the Boston ban ever been challenged legally?

IANAL but I think the boston "AWB" needs to be employed (ie someone charged w it) before it could ever be challenged in a higher court.

one reason it sits there is cuz it simply never gets used. The whole thing is full retard.

Back
Top Bottom