• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

so, after reading stuff, can I own this shottie in MA?

Its a Mossberg 500 Cruiser 8 shot

50580.jpg

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=5&section=products

I would assume I could, but I am just not sure given what Ive read on another gun forum...

Last edited:
I would assume I could, but I am just not sure given what Ive read on another gun forum...

Which would be what, exactly?

Put another way, what - despite this issue being discussed at length before, including a thread this week - do you perceive as The Great Impediment? [rolleyes]

Besides money, of course.

Which would be what, exactly?

Put another way, what - despite this issue being discussed at length before, including a thread this week - do you perceive as The Great Impediment? [rolleyes]

Besides money, of course.

just the answer I was looking for! (minus the sarcasm, of course [wink])

Yeah, I think you'll quickly get over the coolness factor of a pistol gripped shotgun and quickly buy a stock for it.

That's my first gun. I got it as a kit with two barrels 18", 24" with the pistol grip and stock. You will take one or two shots with the pistol grip and then put the stock on.

Is the barrel 18" or greater? Is it also a pump action? If both are true then yes you can have it here.

Last edited:
Buyable anywhere in MA with an FID or better. Have fun. [smile]

Looks painful, though... REALLY painful...

-Mike

Buyable anywhere in MA with an FID or better. Have fun. [smile]

Looks painful, though... REALLY painful...

-Mike

It is very very painful!!! My first gun purchase w/ my FID was a Mossberg 500, and after a painful 3-4hours arguing with the Dick's Sporting Good manager that I could legally buy it with an FID it finally took it home, and did what any tacti-cool wannabe does, puts a pistol grip on it. Needless to say within the first 20 shots out of that gun, I switch back to the stock AND put a recoil buffer on the end which has drastically reduced perceived recoil.

Looks like a cool shot gun to me, and unless you sit down to pee, you should be just fine with that pistol grip!

Looks like a cool shot gun to me, and unless you sit down to pee, you should be just fine with that pistol grip!

The testimonials to the contrary from those who have actually shot the gun in that configuration notwithstanding.... [rolleyes]

I've got the same gun only it doesn't have the tube extension on it. I've put over 2000 rounds through it and it hasn't bothered my wrist what-so-ever, in fact several times I've shot it like a pistol with a two hand grip (just for fun). Time to start working out people, and I don't consider myself to be overly strong.

off topic a little but how well does that knox recoil stocks work. Wana show the misses how to use the shotgun but i don't think she will like the recoil.

off topic a little but how well does that knox recoil stocks work. Wana show the misses how to use the shotgun but i don't think she will like the recoil.

I have this stock on a Mossberg 590A1:

http://www.knoxx.com/products/SpecOps_Stock.php

I really like it! It really takes the a$$ kicking out of firing the heavier loads and I can fire the "low recoil" 00 rounds all day without any trouble (and by trouble I mean bruising [grin] ). The movement of the stock when it absorbs the recoil takes some getting used to, but it's a good product.

As stated, the weapon in the original post is 100% legal in MA with FID or better. My wife has a Remington 870 with a folder that I've fired using just the pistol grip. I wouldn't want to fire heavy loads in that configuration for any sustained period, but the "low recoil" stuff is definitely manageable.

Back
Top Bottom