• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Snubbies! Show me some pics of your snubnose revolvers.

Would it be weird if i said your snubs are sexy? Because god damn those things are cool

No locks either.............I hate you

Thanks man. Yeah the stainless Model 36 was my late "uncle's", practically my mentor. I didn't even know he had it , but after he passed away in 2009, my father took possession of it. When I got my LTC in 2012, dad gave it to me. Sounds cheesy but it was bittersweet [thinking]. Definitely a sexy gun.

Just to spoil the party:

AMT_.45_ACP_Backup_3.jpg

AMT .45 Backup. 6 rounds of .45 ACP beats 5 rounds of .38 special any day. [wink]

Just to spoil the party:

AMT_.45_ACP_Backup_3.jpg

AMT .45 Backup. 6 rounds of .45 ACP beats 5 rounds of .38 special any day. [wink]

Not to spoil your party [smile][smile] but the ability to fire all round from inside a jacket pocket or bag may trump your extra firepower in some circumstances. [wink]

The ability to fire all your rounds... Period. Trumps having those extra rounds.. Those Backups are soo unreliable.. Unless you got one of the FEW gems and have had zero issues with it. I have never seem/used one that worked properly.

Not to spoil your party [smile][smile] but the ability to fire all round from inside a jacket pocket or bag may trump your extra firepower in some circumstances. [wink]

The ability to fire all your rounds... Period. Trumps having those extra rounds.. Those Backups are soo unreliable.. Unless you got one of the FEW gems and have had zero issues with it. I have never seem/used one that worked properly.

Mine has been very dependable when shooting 185 gr. Golden Sabers. I keep it clean and well-oiled. Factory ammo is reliable, but my IDPA reloads are not in this little powerpack.

Just to spoil the party:

AMT_.45_ACP_Backup_3.jpg

But the idea of spending my last few seconds on earth staring at a stove-piped or double-fed semi always brings me back to my little revolver! [smile]

Ill play. Clockwise Model 36 that was purchased from a friend unexpectedly because he thought i shouldn't own a raven 25 as a pocket gun. Gun means to much to be carried and is retired from carry duty. I now only bring it to the range to show off with. Colt agent, and a model 37 with a crimson trace grip

IMAG1048_zpsd2971d03.jpg

My daily ccw 340sc .357 mag w/blackhawk holster, Hogue grip w/ Apex spring kit...Hand cannon! No FTF,FTL,FTE . Go's bang everytime [bow]

Attachments

• IMAG0182.jpg
    IMAG0182.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMAG0183.jpg
    IMAG0183.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I love snubbies. Of all the handguns Ive owned, I usually reach for my Model 60 smith and wesson in .38spl (the new one is a .357). My wife isnt an anti, but doesnt like when guns are "obvious" to her - carrying a snubbie is the perfect balance of concealability and power - I dont feel outgunned with this weapon.

I cant post pics of it as Im at work but she rides in a crossbreed holster on a 5.11 Instructor belt, loaded with Hornady Critical Defense, 2 speedloaders.

I am considering trading this for a .357 - perhaps a Taurus 605 because its basically a JFrame as well. Not so much because of the .38, just because i want to eventually get a .357 lever gun and this will allow for more ammo compatability.

Back
Top Bottom