• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

snowed

There's +20" of fresh covering the ground now. Low temps into the teens on tap for tonight. Running on generator power since 5pm yesterday. Day off work tomorrow. Yep, I'll problaby go out with the bow anyway.

Got out Mon & Tue. Mostly scouting, to confirm the minimal activity I've been able to find prior to the storm. Knee-deep snow cover over much of the terrain but I still came across small swarms of skeeters? And what's with these throngs of TINY little black bugs that seem to congregate in the tracks of deer? Not much deer activity evident but I was able to confirm where a bear's been holed up. The pinch points that have typically been tracked up in the past are just about barren of sign. I've located a ridge with some rubs that I'll concentrate on, but I don't have any significantly active bedding areas pegged down yet. Being that I'm lucky if I can get in some short afternoons from now on, it's going to be tough for me to connect the dots. Thinking I might concentrate my efforts on that bear, beginning next week.

Back
Top Bottom