Snow clearing

That sounds like bs. We’ve probably had double that here in Tawn’n. Sure, every storm ends in rain and turns 4-6” into 1, but it’s still 4-6 when it fell. I’ve snow-blown 4x. Shoveled 2-3x. Gotta be 30”.

I used to have the chest thumping bravado attitude as the OP, "my 4wd badass truck blah blah blah".

Tried to pound through a 4 foot high pile from one of the storms of wet heavy snow that the plow left at the end of my driveway, you know the kind, big wet balls of heavy gnasty snow. It was the winter of 2015. Well, beached the truck in the middle, broke the grille and hood latch and bent the front of hood.
Chevy Colorado.
Someday the OP will open the garage door and get stuck in drift a little too big for his britches, lol.

I used to have the chest thumping bravado attitude as the OP, "my 4wd badass truck blah blah blah".

Tried to pound through a 4 foot high pile from one of the storms of wet heavy snow that the plow left at the end of my driveway, you know the kind, big wet balls of heavy gnasty snow. It was the winter of 2015. Well, beached the truck in the middle, broke the grille and hood latch and bent the front of hood.
Chevy Colorado.
Someday the OP will open the garage door and get stuck in drift a little too big for his britches, lol.

The transmission didn't blow out at the same time?

-Mike

Day 2 of my winding double-cul-de-sac street and frozer'd snowbanks. Some jackwagon left his car out overnight on Sat and the plows had to go around. On the curve. Barely one car can pass. This will be like this at least until next Tuesday. And my neighbors aren't all that bright. Almost had one of them run me over taking the left onto the street yesterday AM. It wasn't even like she was trying to beat traffic. She just decided to cut the turn without ever looking.

I need to move. LOL

Here was the great job the city did on Sat AM. At least they sent a REAL team in on Sunday, except for the aforementioned jackwagon up the street.
image.jpg

I'm done, this was Monday and more snow in the forecast for this Sunday…. I guess buying this summer home was not the best idea I ever had....
fOiNdxg.jpg

I'm done, this was Monday and more snow in the forecast for this Sunday…. I guess buying this summer home was not the best idea I ever had....
fOiNdxg.jpg

Last I looked, the "snow" portion of the Sunday storm is 1 inch.

Nice house.

Just a reminder that if you're clearing your roof, make sure you know where the ice and water shield coverage ends. [thinking]

Day 2 of my winding double-cul-de-sac street and frozer'd snowbanks. Some jackwagon left his car out overnight on Sat and the plows had to go around. On the curve. Barely one car can pass. This will be like this at least until next Tuesday. And my neighbors aren't all that bright. Almost had one of them run me over taking the left onto the street yesterday AM. It wasn't even like she was trying to beat traffic. She just decided to cut the turn without ever looking.

I need to move. LOL

Here was the great job the city did on Sat AM. At least they sent a REAL team in on Sunday, except for the aforementioned jackwagon up the street.
View attachment 272787
I used to live on a cul-de-sac. There was a hydrant straight ahead as you drove up the street. So of course they buried it with snow. 2015 I was able to dig it out with my plow the first few storms, but then it was totally buried by several blizzards in a row. I had to dig a 25' canyon through the pile to get access to the hydrant again.

Sometimes they would just randomly drop full.blades of snow in front of my neighbors driveways.

I used to live on a cul-de-sac. There was a hydrant straight ahead as you drove up the street. So of course they buried it with snow. 2015 I was able to dig it out with my plow the first few storms, but then it was totally buried by several blizzards in a row. I had to dig a 25' canyon through the pile to get access to the hydrant again.

Sometimes they would just randomly drop full.blades of snow in front of my neighbors driveways.

It really isn't hard. But you get these dolts that are just day-workers from the local construction co's that have no idea how to plow. You get 2 pickups coming into the circle and the first one goes a bit left to take a big bite. The second one FOLLOWS EXACTLY IN HIS PATH and clears NO snow. If he put the mound of snow on the LEFT half of his blade, all would be fine.

We got better clearing on Sunday b/c the pickup-truck guys couldn't move that stuff. Experienced driver spent a bit of time clearing hte whole thing. Again, the only problem was the moron that left their car out in the street. WTF??? Shoulda buried him in. Forget the ticket. Get buried instead.

It really isn't hard. But you get these dolts that are just day-workers from the local construction co's that have no idea how to plow. You get 2 pickups coming into the circle and the first one goes a bit left to take a big bite. The second one FOLLOWS EXACTLY IN HIS PATH and clears NO snow. If he put the mound of snow on the LEFT half of his blade, all would be fine.

We got better clearing on Sunday b/c the pickup-truck guys couldn't move that stuff. Experienced driver spent a bit of time clearing hte whole thing. Again, the only problem was the moron that left their car out in the street. WTF??? Shoulda buried him in. Forget the ticket. Get buried instead.

One of the blizzards, the first one where Devall banned all vehicular traffic. I stopped the guy in my street, which he hadn't touched yet and there was a foot of snow, and told him, you clear the street, I'll handle the cul-de-sac. He was dumbfounded, but all the snow went where we wanted it. Saved me from having to redo it anyway after clearing my driveway. I had to pull all my snow out of the driveway and stack it in the cul-de-sac. (Private road, so no laws broken)

Well, I am a full time Heavy equipment operator and a couple of the larger cities in western mass contract us to plow public streets, Springfield and another. We use front end loaders with 12-14' plows on them and can move a lot of snow fast. If you have some moron parked in the road he is probably parked on the "upwind" side of his driveway to keep the snow banks from the plow from douching his driveway. A lot of people will use their trash barrels or basketball hoops, lol, I love those dolts.

The bucketloader being an articulating machine with center steering, we can actually turn around the car tight and bury the aholes driveway worse than if the car wasn't there at all. If the problem continues after that we do have the authority from the police departments to call the towing company they use and have them towed as there parking bans in effect. Most people are legit and move their cars and or stuff so the street can be plowed as wide as possible, then you have the arrogant morons.
As for the trash cans and basketball hoops? They get "nudged" into the snowbanks gently.

In 2015 one guy was so mad at the snowbanks from repeated blizzards he blocked the road in front of his house with his pickup, got out and started to climb up to the cab of my loader with a steel pipe saying he was gonna f me up!, all the while his wife screaming at him to stop being a jerk. I warned him twice, drew my S&W M+P Shield 9mm with crimson trace and this guy fell off the loader and ran like the little bitch he was inside his house leaving his truck in the middle of the road.

Long story short, cops showed up, checked my permit, checked my story that the wife verified "and the neighbor". I could have filed charges for aggravated assault but did not cause his punk ass was embarrassed enough in front of his wife and kids.

And his little wussy truck got towed to boot!

I figure if Taunton just drove down the side streets right after the parking ban is implemented, they could cut teh property taxes in half for a year while everyone smartened up. These are new people so they aren't as smart yet, but the dolts across the street from them have about 4 families living in a 24x40 ranch with an RV, 2 boats, 6 ATV's and 8 cars. There's ALWAYS something on the road. Usually not during the snow, but they never clear out the snow banks to re-park the cars in the street.

4 families - mom and dad and 3 kids with respective SO's. All the kids are north of 25. And in case you are wondering (because you are!), they are Whitemericans.

I figure if Taunton just drove down the side streets right after the parking ban is implemented, they could cut teh property taxes in half for a year while everyone smartened up. These are new people so they aren't as smart yet, but the dolts across the street from them have about 4 families living in a 24x40 ranch with an RV, 2 boats, 6 ATV's and 8 cars. There's ALWAYS something on the road. Usually not during the snow, but they never clear out the snow banks to re-park the cars in the street.

4 families - mom and dad and 3 kids with respective SO's. All the kids are north of 25. And in case you are wondering (because you are!), they are Whitemericans.
That winter we spent 3 weeks in the boston suburbs with loaders clearing streets and loading trucks for FEMA. Had a cop and three tow trucks with me for the obvious reasons. I can't tell you how many vehicles were actually buried beneath snowbanks we couldn't see until it was too late, curl the bucket up and find headlights and and a grille in the snow, lol.

Sorry you have the misfortune of having some of the "good examples" living near you, lol.

BTW, Dolt is one of my favorite terms. You must be a Dennis Leary fan too.

Yup, that's how it was. You ought to see push backs done with a 120,000 lb loader, 10' snow banks were the norm. Truth is where there was on street parking we had sympathy. But in neighborhoods such as that where vehicles should have been in the driveway to begin with, and an on street parking ban? Tough shit, they knew better.

Oh and makin money? My boss was paying me an insane amount of money to work around the clock for 3-4 weeks. I made enough in 2 weeks to pay mortgage for the YEAR and book two hunting trips. The other two weeks was all put in the bank...

Back
Top Bottom