Snow anyone?

Good grief I've pushed alot of snow this year. We're something like 30 inches above normal.

Glad I'm an office jockey now! I've got guys going on 18 hours now plowing snow. I'm sending them home and bringing in the 2nd shift. When you're an excavation contractor, when it snows, your profit comes from the white stuff, not the brown stuff. Someone's gotta plow and haul snow from those shopping plazas and schools!

After being in texas for a couple of weeks in february with the nice weather we had there,I am definately ready for spring.

Yeah,but you don't get the 4 seasons. I grew up in rainy washington state. I like the 4 seasons,but have had my fill of the white stuff allready. :D I was enjoying the 60 -80 degree days in texas. I did have to laugh it was about 60 and my husband and I were walking around t-shirts and blue jeans and they were bundled up like it was winter. :D

i just woke up a while ago, fighting the flu and the snow sucks. Luckily I dont plow privately anymore, just for the town. I think out of the 12 hours I was out, I was slumped over the steering wheel in the backhoe for 2.
I still feel like garbage though. Mayybe a little Hoppes9 vapor rub is in order?

I don't mind snow. Actually I kind of enjoy it ... in moderation. That being said, I've had more than my fill for the year and am rather quite ready for spring.

Triumph955i said:
First time homowner here.... this is my first winter with a driveway... all 200ft of it.

Bought a POS sled just to cope :D

I'm in Gray too, about 5 miles south of Gray Center off Route 100

Hokie said:

I live out on the Egypt Road.

Where do you shoot around here? I used to be a member at Falmouth Rod and Gun for a few years... But then had to sell all my guns for financial reasons. Just getting back into it now... Just got Howell to transfer me a Bushmaster lower receiver as a pistol, so that will be fun when i can afford to finish it.

MrsWildweasel said:
Yeah,but you don't get the 4 seasons. I grew up in rainy washington state. I like the 4 seasons,but have had my fill of the white stuff allready. :D I was enjoying the 60 -80 degree days in texas. I did have to laugh it was about 60 and my husband and I were walking around t-shirts and blue jeans and they were bundled up like it was winter. :D

This is true. However, I only enjoy three of them!

I'll be thinking of you folks at my High Power match this Sat. [wink]

Triumph955i said:
Hokie said:

I live out on the Egypt Road.

Where do you shoot around here? I used to be a member at Falmouth Rod and Gun for a few years... But then had to sell all my guns for financial reasons. Just getting back into it now... Just got Howell to transfer me a Bushmaster lower receiver as a pistol, so that will be fun when i can afford to finish it.

Ah yes, I know Egypt Road. I'm off of Whitney Road. I'm a member of the Durham Rod & Gun club. Don't get there as often as I'd like, but it's there when I get an itch to shoot. There's a couple more Arfcommers that I know of that are local to Gray as well. M4CQBR and CDKayak, specifically.

One of these weekends I intend to head to the range to sight in my AR10 scope. Things are busy now, on account of my firstborn daughter being born last week! She's a peach though.

I'm on the Mass. south shore - it snowed like hell this Tuesday in Plymouth Mass (stationed in Mass)........The weather kind of sucks up here - but the one chance I had to be down south this winter - it wasn't much better. Temperatures in Jacksonville Florida during the Superbowl (I was there doing maritime security) were about the same as Mass. at the time.....a tad warmer - not much.......

Back
Top Bottom