Snow 2019 - 2020

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Storm total at Logan was 7.3”. More than I expected. We have about 3-4” on the ground.
That kind of weather is the epitome of why most new england winters are shit. If it just stayed cold and snowed on and off for 4 months it would be much easier to deal with.
Went to HS with a kid from a International Falls, MN (300 miles N of Minneapolis, farther N than Toronto or Montreal) Saw him in an early December freezing rain storm and asked him, “How’s it going, Dave?”
“I’m freezing my ass off!”
“But you’re from a international Falls?”
“We don’t have freezing rain! You people are crazy!”

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Storm total at Logan was 7.3”. More than I expected. We have about 3-4” on the ground.
Went to HS with a kid from a International Falls, MN (300 miles N of Minneapolis, farther N than Toronto or Montreal) Saw him in an early December freezing rain storm and asked him, “How’s it going, Dave?”
“I’m freezing my ass off!”
“But you’re from a international Falls?”
“We don’t have freezing rain! You people are crazy!”
Hell, I live north of Toronto. I spent the day today in West Stewartstown, at the 45th Parallel.

Low teens for temp, big fat fluffy flakes slowly drifting down outside the panoramic windows while I was stuck in a meeting that took FOR. EV. ER!!!

Maybe about an inch of fluff on top of the two inches of fluff we had at my house overnight, an hour south of there.

Your friend was right: freezing rain sucks. I've left my house at -27, perfectly comfortable, and flown into Dallas where it was 35 and freezing rain, and that is where I froze my ass off.

GM-GUY

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So this weekend was nice; in the high 50's, low 60's I even got the door hung on the Girl Scout Cookie Trailer and my Rear Window Defroster lines fixed (that paint stuff). With that out of the way......

In my area (Ashburnham) we are looking at 10" of snow on Saturday with single digit lows on Sunday and that is the first day of cookie sales. I'll have to post a pic, the girls have light, heat, and cell phone chargers as well as an inverter my wife can run her 400W PA system off.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this weekend was nice; in the high 50's, low 60's I even got the door hung on the Girl Scout Cookie Trailer and my Rear Window Defroster lines fixed (that paint stuff). With that out of the way......

In my area (Ashburnham) we are looking at 10" of snow on Saturday with single digit lows on Sunday and that is the first day of cookie sales. I'll have to post a pic, the girls have light, heat, and cell phone chargers as well as an inverter my wife can run her 400W PA system off.
Saturday was yesterday?

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My dad is coming up from FL on Wednesday to bring my mom back down with him. We are all supposed to get together for our late Christmas gathering Saturday, and they're leaving Sunday. Gonna be a long ride to Newport for me

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

I spent all weekend at the range wearing a t-shirt ... in January. That was very nice. Now I know how people in NC and SC feel.

Top Bottom