Snow 2019 - 2020

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I don’t know what national weather is thinking. Here in Townsend we got what they are reporting just last night 10.1 inches. The night before an additional 14, so either this is some type of typographical error or they’re just completely up their asses.
They have standards, like "trained spotters" and stuff like that. And they call them "unofficial observations."

No need to get your jimmies rustled. You know how much snow you got. There's no prize for being at 24.1 inches rather than 22.5.

radioman

NES Member
Rating - 96%
24   1   0
They have standards, like "trained spotters" and stuff like that. And they call them "unofficial observations."

No need to get your jimmies rustled. You know how much snow you got. There's no prize for being at 24.1 inches rather than 22.5.
I agree. Problem being the national weather total versus the actual total is a 14 inch differential?

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I agree. Problem being the national weather total versus the actual total is a 14 inch differential?
LOL. It's a government operation, so.

They're probably reading in centimeters and mistaking them for inches.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Have at least a foot in Mendon between the two days and it's coming down something serious right now. Lot more then the original 4-7 inches they forecasted over the weekend.

Chris

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
Heavy stuff yesterday. Maybe 10" here, but would have been nearly double that if it was fluffy. The dumps off the metal roof/solar are like concrete.

Cleaned up another 3" this morning to let the wife out to work. Snowing hard now, probably another 2 already. Kids home still. Freaking 7 days now.

And BONUS. The handles of my snowblower seemed to move a bit. Sure enough, one side is cracked all the way through where the handle bolts to the frame. Going to have to break out the welder and fix that. Probably reinforce it while I'm at it. Hopefully that warmup I see coming happens and I can do the job comfortably in the garage. Never fails. I put in new belts and get everything all set when it's nice weather and then when it's cold and crappy is when this kind of stuff happens.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have a broken foot so I basically have a cast and wear "pirate leg" to get around. Cleared driveway with snowblower. Not too bad.

I now completely understand why there are no pirates with wooden legs in snowy climate. Trying to tread through snow while dragging "pirate leg" is awful. I'd rather rape and pillage in a Caribbean though.

Golddiggie

NES Member
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Hoping that this is a sign of things to come for this season/winter... As in getting a good amount of show.

Still snowing here too. Was coming down heavier for a while. At least another inch since I cleared off the deck this morning. Not sure if I'll do anything in the driveway later today. If nothing else, I'll clean off the new snow on the deck to make sure I have a clean path to the BGE and supplies deck box. Probably clear off the truck too. Expecting warmer temps tomorrow, so the inch should melt away making moving it unnecessary.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
3-4” in Taunton over the remnants of the Sunday snow. Glad we missed it. NB got an alleged 8”. No thanks!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
yesterday I went out to do the driveway and what seemed like snow went into the feed auger and water came out the shute.

Today looks to be 4 maybe 5 inches.

Haven't started to clean anything yet. Waiting for it to move out and to get out of work..... Then have to go to the parent's place and still do here.

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
6" to 8" here in Metrowest. I've been sick for the last couple months - doctor can't figure it out - but I have fatigue and muscle weakness. I lost control of my Honda snowblower when I hit the berm and then fell over the berm head first. Considered lying head down in the street until someone drove by but after a couple of minutes I struggled to my feet to see my wife coming down the driveway. She still cares about me when she needs the driveway cleared. :)

Last edited:

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
6" to 8" here in Metrowest. I've been sick for the last couple months - doctor can't figure it out - but I have fatigue and muscle weakness. I lost control of my Honda snowblower when I hit the berm and then fell over the berm head first. Considered lying head down in the street until someone drove by but after a couple of minutes I struggled onto my feet to see my wife coming down the driveway. She still cares about me when she needs the driveway cleared. :)
Hope all’s well.

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
6" to 8" here in Metrowest. I've been sick for the last couple months - doctor can't figure it out - but I have fatigue and muscle weakness. I lost control of my Honda snowblower when I hit the berm and then fell over the berm head first. Considered lying head down in the street until someone drove by but after a couple of minutes I struggled onto my feet to see my wife coming down the driveway. She still cares about me when she needs the driveway cleared. :)
Get better.

Been treated for Lyme?

Top Bottom