Snow 2019 - 2020

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I worked every day that month, never again.
There was one stretch where I went in early, worked my regular shift, stayed late, slept (not really) in work a few hours on a table, back to work at 2am through my regular shift again and stayed late a couple of hours. Was supposed to come back to work after a few hours at home but called back and told them I couldnt do it. Back to work the next day and probably stayed late, lol. Money was awesome but I was legit losing my mind.

Found out that I cant really go all that long without sleep. Kinda knew that already but that certainly confirmed it.

Maddawg1952

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
78 was bad because winds the high tides and the duration of the storm. They pulled us off the roads for maybe 15 hrs in the middle of it., 1969 2 back to back 20" storms within 3 days (Feb 8 and Feb10) damn near was one of the worst weeks I ever plowed snow. Just when you thought you had it all plowed out another 20" came along. 2015 was no day at the beach either , but lot better weather forecasting and newer heavier equipment to handle it with. 2013 had a few good blasts also, Had a JD grader on Rte. 93 for almost a week . 12 hours on 12 hours off for several nights.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
78 was bad because winds the high tides and the duration of the storm. They pulled us off the roads for maybe 15 hrs in the middle of it., 1969 2 back to back 20" storms within 3 days (Feb 8 and Feb10) damn near was one of the worst weeks I ever plowed snow. Just when you thought you had it all plowed out another 20" came along. 2015 was no day at the beach either , but lot better weather forecasting and newer heavier equipment to handle it with. 2013 had a few good blasts also, Had a JD grader on Rte. 93 for almost a week . 12 hours on 12 hours off for several nights.
Also the 78 storm was way under forecastered on the amount.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The blizzard of 78 is well remembered. The media hypes snow totals, all people hear is a foot of snow and freak.
Blizzard of '17 dropped 5 FEET of snow across New York and New England over a nine day period with drifts up to 16 feet high. (That would be like a foot over @minininjer's head - she'd need the flag for sure)

'78 was a measly 27" but it hit at a bad time of day and the snow removal equipment wasn't as advanced as tooday.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nary a flake up here so far.

I keep telling people that winters are better north of the notches. It's much colder, so our snow sticks around all winter, but we don't get the huge dumps that happen down south.

ccm75

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Snowing hard in Metrowest. Got the eldest child on the road back to URI in advance of snow. Finally winterized wood splitter after finishing off splitting some stragglers, went out and got gas for snowblower, grabbed some take out, ate too much, drank some wine, soaked in hot tub and now watching the snow fall and the Patriots struggle.......Two HS seniors with a snow day. Happy for a 5.5 day weekend.....🙄...Can the Pats get it going or what??!!

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Snowing hard in Metrowest. Got the eldest child on the road back to URI in advance of snow. Finally winterized wood splitter after finishing off splitting some stragglers, went out and got gas for snowblower, grabbed some take out, ate too much, drank some wine, soaked in hot tub and now watching the snow fall and the Patriots struggle.......Two HS seniors with a snow day. Happy for a 5.5 day weekend.....🙄...Can the Pats get it going or what??!!
The splitter! That's what I forgot yesterday. Still has ethanol fuel in it.

We are at day 6 for the holiday weekend. Looking like it will be a week before this storm is over.

It's hard to tell with the dark, but I'm guessing about 10" on the ground so far.

Obie1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Looks like about 10 inches here. Still getting some light snow and freezing rain.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I got a name for it, alright.. but dont want to get banned.
They ought to give the storms more descriptive names.

Like "Winter Storm Douchebag"

"Winter Storm BagODicks"

Boy I sure remember Winter Storm Anal Fissure - that thing sucked. We got like 24" inches right up the ass over 2 days.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Maybe an inch or 2 in danvers. Raining now. I could still see the grass in my yard when I got up. Snow had accumulated on the windshield of the truck but everything else was bare. Same here in Chelsea.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
The first snowstorm of the season gets off to a bad start with a trifecta of snowblower accidents:

Pepperell, MA *Amputation* 18 Townsend St. SVCS O/S With A Male Party, Finger Amputated By A Snowblower. EMS Packaging For Trans. 8:06am

Auburn, MA *Severe Lacerations* 23 Perry St. SVCS O/S With A Male Party W/Multiple Lacerations To Hand From A Snowblower. EMS To Trans. 8:57am

Millbury, MA *Amputation* 19 Dolan Rd. SVCS O/S With A Female. Severe Lacerations To Hand. At Least Three Fingers Amputated Due To A Snowblower. EMS Packaging For Trans. 9:16am

Wickedcoolname

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Who are the bigger douche nozzles, people who leave shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot, or people who don't clean the snow off the roof of their car\truck? I think its the lazy douches who drive around with a mound of snow on their roof. I was just following a pickup this morning that was creating its own private whiteout from the sow blowing off the roof.

NHCraigT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
12" here at 8:00 AM this morning, probably another 1" now.

I just spent 4 hours clearing my property (plowing, snow-blowing & shoveling), and I'm still not done.
I'll finish it up tomorrow after this next round....

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Who are the bigger douche nozzles, people who leave shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot, or people who don't clean the snow off the roof of their car\truck? I think its the lazy douches who drive around with a mound of snow on their roof. I was just following a pickup this morning that was creating its own private whiteout from the sow blowing off the roof.
Was it this guy?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Too early! TOO EARLY!!!!!!

It might not be around in my AO for Christmas. Sun-Tues of next week looks warm and wet. End of that week - same thing. This stuff needs to go away.

Worst is I've got a meeting with a client on the 18th in the Boston area. Street parking. 6pm. I'm totally screwed. I'll meet him at a nearby Dunkin Donuts if his street isn't down to bare ground. It's one of those neighborhoods they built randomly on a hill. Street goes this way, then that. Another street branches off. Not a single straight spot. Yet down off the hill, the streets run somewhat EW and NS. Its like savages built the place.

Top Bottom