Sniper School

dreppucci007

NES Member
Does anyone here have any experience with McMilan Sniper School? It seems like a pretty awesome thing...Just look at the sold out classes for the entire year of 2006!

Does anyone know of a more local sniper school by chance? It's always been something that I would love to do.

Thanks for the review from Sniperhide. That SigArms course sounds pretty interesting...not too advanced though. I know I've already got tight groups with my .30-06 from 200 yards...SigArms only goes to 300.

I appreciate the help, guys.

What is your experience? Why do you want to take the course? Without a LEO or current military background (as in being in a sniper billet, or some type of SF roll) many school will not let you attend a sniper course.

Check snipers hide for some other schools that are more "shooter" related. Sniper training is not just good groups, its learning where to hit a human target, rapid re-engagement, movement, location for shots, etc. I can understand why Police do not want "anybody" getting access to these types of schools.

SgtUSMC8541 said:
I can understand why Police do not want "anybody" getting access to these types of schools.

I completely understand that as well. I am purely civilian...No LE or Military background. I also understand that it's not simply "good groups"...I wasn't trying to imply that my 30-06 having "good groups" was sniper capabilities...They're just good (maybe 1.5" groups at 200 yards). I took the time to reload and play with different loads and bullet weights, etc., and found the right combo for it. I'd like to learn more about that.

It may sound like a 12 year old's reasoning, but I love to try to shoot targets from long distances, and would love to learn more about the windage judgements, hitting moving targets, precision shot placement, etc. that comes with "sniping." I am a hunter and I know it would also help tune my hunting skills, not only with shot placement but also the tactics involved.

It's something I'm truly interested in and would love to learn more, but like you said, they don't just let anybody into these classes. I know that the military sniper schools are VERY intensive...I've sat in front of the TV for HOURS when sniper school documentaries are on A&E.

It's late now and I'm starting to blab and not make sense...Thanks again for the info.

dreppucci007 said:
Does anyone know of a more local sniper school by chance? It's always been something that I would love to do.

McMillan is in AZ?

Have you checked out STORM MOUNTAIN in Elkhart, WV? Not sure where in New England you are, but it should be a one day drive, more or less, down there.

http://www.stormmountain.com/

The Chandlers, of IRON BRIGADE ARMORY are legends in the sniping community, and they offer several courses in the NC area every year.

http://ironbrigadearmory.com/

Regards
John

Back
Top Bottom