• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sniper Competition (History Channel)

No. Didn't even come up on my radar. Is that annoying D-word from Tahp Shaht the host?

"Steve, you've fired one round. You have twelve rounds left. BAM. Steve, you have now fired two rounds. You have 11 left. BAM. . . Steve, that's 3 rounds fired. Anyone know how many he has left? That's right - 10. Good job. BAM Steve, you've fired 4 rounds. I've brought in an astrophysicist and he tells me you have 9 rounds left. Good thing, by repeating myself so often, I've lost the ability to count. . . "

I found it pretty interesting but short on technical details. Its looking for a general audience not just shooters

The host made a few simple, short shots out to be way harder than they are. I think the last shot of the show was 750ft? That’s nothing for a sniper. The real skill was getting there undetected

I found it pretty interesting but short on technical details. Its looking for a general audience not just shooters

The host made a few simple, short shots out to be way harder than they are. I think the last shot of the show was 750ft? That’s nothing for a sniper. The real skill was getting there undetected

The last event was actually a hell of a challenge......get as close as you can undetected. Then take the shot from where you made it to. That's sniper training.

There were some longer shots early on.....700 yards and 900 yards .

Was interesting to watch but not as much info as I'd hoped on technical shit.

Definitely. I have done sniper stalking, or better stated, tried. My spotter and I got seen as we were setting up to shoot.

I know there were longer shots but I was embyfor the hosr when he was making a big deal out of simple shots

The moving targets at night was amazingly difficult

I was surprised to learn that shooting from the helicopter was that difficult. That is something that I would like to try

Going to watch it tonight, thanks for the heads up! Good thing the wife is working second shift or I'd lose the battle for the remote.... happens a lot and I pay the cable bill!

Going to watch it tonight, thanks for the heads up! Good thing the wife is working second shift or I'd lose the battle for the remote.... happens a lot and I pay the cable bill!

Wife and I watched it together over a pizza!

I was surprised how poorly the coast guard team did on the helo. Figured that would have been their bread and butter.

Back
Top Bottom