• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

snake shot

jcr

I thoght it was interesting to note that the recent shooting in a Cleveland school was done by a 14y with 2 revolvers -- a .22 and a .38.

The reports were that both were loaded with what I've called "snake shot" -- small birdshot in brass cartridges made for pest removal.

This is an important reason that the creep didn't kill anyone but himself.

Didn't hear about this one , but a few years ago we tried shooting CD's with .22 shotshells and from about 10 feet they bounced right back in our faces , which stung but wouldn't break the skin , or the discs. ... useless stuff.

Didn't hear about this one , but a few years ago we tried shooting CD's with .22 shotshells and from about 10 feet they bounced right back in our faces , which stung but wouldn't break the skin , or the discs. ... useless stuff.

I've killed quite a few red squirrels with them. Twenty feet max.

B

When they hit something they flatten and become poor projectiles so they are very safe. I've killed them with pistols and rifles. The rifles always hit harder if you can really say that about such a wimpy load. They sort of do the long Hollywood dieing scene with the pistol but the rifle put them down pretty good.

B

Back
Top Bottom