Smoothest 9mm

So recently a friend of mine got a full size Remington 1911 in 9mm. There’s next to no felt recoil and I’ve never had such great follow up shots.

I’m not new to guns, I understand it’s because it’s a full size metal framed gun. What I’m wondering is; Are there others? I do like 1911’s but they’re high maintenance (relatively more parts) and have jamming issues.

The only other that comes to mind would be a Sig p226. I’m looking to keep it under $1000

Thanks
J

So recently a friend of mine got a full size Remington 1911 in 9mm. There’s next to no felt recoil and I’ve never had such great follow up shots.

I’m not new to guns, I understand it’s because it’s a full size metal framed gun. What I’m wondering is; Are there others? I do like 1911’s but they’re high maintenance (relatively more parts) and have jamming issues.

The only other that comes to mind would be a Sig p226. I’m looking to keep it under $1000

Thanks
J

Both the Sig 229 & Beretta 92FS come to mind

CZ for sure. Any variation of a full size 75. I love mine. Though the smoothest shooting 9mm I’ve ever shot (and I’ve been shooting for 25 years) is my Canik TP9 SFX with the Freedomsmith trigger. I also own a Beretta 92, and sold my Sig 226 (with custom flat face trigger, short reset kit, and all the surfaces polished/springs updated), cuz I just didn’t shoot it after buying the Canik.

You plan on running that 226 dry ? It's no different than a 1911... metal frame and metal slide. A couple drops of oil every now and then is all it takes.

Is this for carry, range toy, comp ?

Don’t overlook a Sig 226 Legion. Full sized, smooth action and little felt recoil.

I have a Legion SAO and an CZ Shadow SP01 CT.... The CZ still has less recoil. He's not going to touch a shadow for less than a
grand, though, where if he gets lucky he might be able to score a legion for a grand if he gets a used one.

-Mike

9mm 1911’s aren’t high maintenance.

Lol, assuming you have one that isn't broken out of the box. 9mm 1911s are often fussy as hell and often a pain in the ass. They shoot great when they work, but not something I would drive into if I had other options.

-Mike

Really, just about any quality full size metal gun is going to soak up 9mm recoil. Sig, HK, CZ, Baretta, take your pic. I think what makes the 1911 so nice to shoot are the ergonomics, feel in the hand, and the way the hammer drops. Most have a nice/ decent trigger too.
And when the boolits are going where you want them, shooting is more funner.

I just love my P320 X5 Legion. Between the TGX Grip Module and the lightened slide it is the softest shooting 9 I own. I also own P226 and P229 and you could not go wrong with either of them. My S&W Pro Series 1911 in 9mm is a great shooter also.

I've got a Kimber Target II, which is a 9mm Stainless 1911 styled pistol. It's a joy to shoot. 10 round Chip McCormick magazines in it for competition. It's the gun that transitioned my wife from .380 to 9mm because of the minimum recoil.

She now has a Sig 320 which is a nice, heavy 9mm. If you don't like the 9mm platform, that's one to look at.

Zev-Tech O.Z-9 is really sweet, but above your price point.

I have a 226 tacops that I bought just for this reason, SRT, holds 20 in 9mm, big tail on it, great for pumping rounds into a target quickly.. actually has grown on me so much going to start trying to hunt down a 2nd.

The model is no longer in production but similar 226s are, not much different than a legion or emperor Scorpion.

I’ll suggest the Walther Q5 sf line. Steel frame, match sights, and a great striker fired trigger. It’ll be hard to find a CZ or 9mm 1911 of any quality enough to be reliable for under a grand

Its not just a metal frame. Its a STEEL frame.

An alloy frame gun like a 226 or M9 doesn't buy you much.

When you figure in the high bore axis and relatively short barrel of the 226, you aren't getting anything a Glock 34 doesn't give you.

The sig with the weighted grip module is great. I shot one and immediately wanted it. I love my Dan Wesson Pointman 9, a 1911. The CZ75s are also great. Especially the CZ custom shop guns with a 5" (ish) barrel. Some of them are very heavy.

Back
Top Bottom