Smoothbore or rifled adapters for Taurus Judge

Shortlane gun adapters is having a sale this weekend and I've been wanting to get a 5 pack of 9mm adapters for my Judge revolver so I can shoot 9mm out of it. 30% off will bring the price of the smoothbore adapters to $88, $123 for the rifled adapters. Normal prices for them are $125 and $175.

If anyone here has tried smoothbore vs rifled adapters in a shotgun, have you found the rifled ones to be more accurate and thus worth the money? Typical distances for shooting would be 7 to 20 yards.

Just looking to have cheap fun at the range with cheap 9mm ammo with my cheap Taurus.

How the hell does that work? Is it in an insert that goes into the barrel?

Has "nightmare fuel" written all over it. You're better off just hand loading some .45 LC or something.

-Mike

If you want a .45 revolver, get one. If you want a shotgun, get something more than a .410 bore.

The marketing was effective, but the product answers a question no one asked.

Makes no sense. You bought a Judge for a reason, and that reason wasn’t to spend more money to fire 9mm out of it.

This is like buying a Hemi and then wanting to spend more money to run it as a 6 cylinder.

Makes no sense. You bought a Judge for a reason, and that reason wasn’t to spend more money to fire 9mm out of it.
I bought it for fun, it being able to shoot 9mm with the adapters was indeed one of the reasons I bought it on top of it shooting multiple projectiles with .410 and big slugs with .45 Colt.

Shortlane gun adapters is having a sale this weekend and I've been wanting to get a 5 pack of 9mm adapters for my Judge revolver so I can shoot 9mm out of it. 30% off will bring the price of the smoothbore adapters to $88, $123 for the rifled adapters. Normal prices for them are $125 and $175.

If anyone here has tried smoothbore vs rifled adapters in a shotgun, have you found the rifled ones to be more accurate and thus worth the money? Typical distances for shooting would be 7 to 20 yards.

Just looking to have cheap fun at the range with cheap 9mm ammo with my cheap Taurus.
Sounds like you've ready determined that your going to buy this set.

Your basically posting on NES to see if someone has actually purchased not one set of these.....but both the rifled and non rifled ones so they can speak to the accuracy increase (or non increase) of the rifled ones over the smooth bore. I doubt you'll find a single NESer that's purchased either. Because

1. The Taurus judge sucks
2. Adding inserts to a Taurus judge makes a sucky gun suck more

To help you out the best we can....rifling adds accuracy. If you want more accuracy from the adapters pay the extra $35.

Close thread.

Rifled of course. Smoothbore seems useless, especially if they’re on sale.
I've seen a few videos (they were done by the guy in the video I posted above and were also sponsored by the company making the adapters) where the smoothbore ones shot pretty well.

But as the guy above you said, for $35 more it's not that much of a price hike for rifled adapters.

So they go in the cylinder? Does that effectively make the cylinder your barrel and then the real barrel is just there for the ride?

For $123.. does it come with the very compact and convenient “unloading” device shown in the video?

To me this seems like kind of a cool idea that is really not well executed. If it were me, I’d put that money towards a 9mm, or the right ammo for the Taurus.

I have a Judge and like it for what it is I also have 9mm pistols and like them for what they are. Never been a big fan of adapters or combo type devices for anything including guns.

For $123.. does it come with the very compact and convenient “unloading” device shown in the video?

To me this seems like kind of a cool idea that is really not well executed. If it were me, I’d put that money towards a 9mm, or the right ammo for the Taurus.
.45 Colt ammo is expensive and one of my dies to reload it busted months ago. Also, the throats on the Judge are huge and causes lead build up in the bore. The shallow rifling also doesn't help with accuracy much, so between 9mm adapters and .45 Colt, the accuracy is likely to be equally poor.

I have a Judge and like it for what it is I also have 9mm pistols and like them for what they are. Never been a big fan of adapters or combo type devices for anything including guns.
I have a 10 inch .32 Mag adapter (rifled) for a shotgun. Have accuracy tested it off a rest and it can throw a 3 inch group at 50 yards, but what hinders it is that shotgun sights aren't very good. For a handgun where distances are going to be shorter and sights better, that's where I see adapters having some use. Otherwise, I agree with you, one of the reasons I'm glad I never bought those .22/.410 over/under guns.

.45 Colt ammo is expensive and one of my dies to reload it busted months ago. Also, the throats on the Judge are huge and causes lead build up in the bore. The shallow rifling also doesn't help with accuracy much, so between 9mm adapters and .45 Colt, the accuracy is likely to be equally poor.

You are doing a first class job of selling this...

I have a 10 inch .32 Mag adapter (rifled) for a shotgun. Have accuracy tested it off a rest and it can throw a 3 inch group at 50 yards, but what hinders it is that shotgun sights aren't very good. For a handgun where distances are going to be shorter and sights better, that's where I see adapters having some use. Otherwise, I agree with you, one of the reasons I'm glad I never bought those .22/.410 over/under guns.

Omg.. that is rivaling minute of Lorcin, mini 14 territory accuracy there..

I looked back at some things I'd written and decided to go with the rifled adapters. The smoothbores are guaranteed to tumble and having shot the smoothbore .22 adapter I have, you can't even predict where it's going to go. The rifling, even if the accuracy isn't great, will at least be more accurate and maybe able to stretch the distance out a bit.

Back
Top Bottom