• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smokers/campers do you have your mass. lighter permit yet?

I'm not a lawyer but this sure reads to me like us peasants need a permit to operate a lighter, unreal.

10398687_838030722919705_8132617979851229195_n.jpg

Open flame device? Where's the definition of that?

So I need a permit to use my property (torches) on my property?

Ahh, no thanks.

Yeah, purely by the numbers, candles burn down more houses than anything on that list, so they must be "liable to start a fire"

Maybe my cousins' husband, a city firefighter, can finally convince his wife (my cousin) to stop burning candles in the house... He almost had her convinced the day his engine company had to go and put out his living room (evidently, other firefighters will never let a brother live THAT one down!)

That said, "statists gotta state." [angry]

Am I correct in thinking insurance companies are going to use this to deny coverage if your house burns down? I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of homeowners insurance, so maybe some clause covering this already exists.

If I was half the man I was five years ago I'd take a flame thrower to this place....!!!!
Oh wait...I don't have my permit. [thinking]

Didn't this come about when those Boston firefighters died putting down that Back Bay fire last year that was caused by welders working without a permit in gale winds?

Good thing I bought that box of matches this weekend. Wonder how much pre-ban matches go for now ... Do I have to sell them as loosies on the black market?

Hey Coan you deuchnozzel, what is the cause for this regulation. Are we having problems with lanterns after 90 or so years ? Do you really feel there is a need for these regulations ? Hey Charlie Baker, this is one example of over regulation you can maybe strike down !!! PS, I have two invites to the inaugeral Thursaday, I can't go, if anyone wants to meet the Man and rub elbows. I've got no dress up clothes.[smile] Those fire guys love to pass useless regulations if they even save one child, it's for the children.

Last edited:
So the next time some punk thug gets killed on the streets and the retards come out to put a burning candle on the spot where the thug died we call all piss on the flame to put it out. Because it's the law and it's all for the children.

So the next time some punk thug gets killed on the streets and the retards come out to put a burning candle on the spot where the thug died we call all piss on the flame to put it out. Because it's the law and it's all for the children.
Sounds about right.

The guy's worried about sky lanterns? Seriously? The flames extinguish before they land.

The guy's a total moron.

So, being a die hard anarcho-capitalist, I don't think sky lanterns should be banned. However, I know that they can start fires. My brother in law is a fire inspector, actually took some out, lit them up, and demonstrated their ability to start fires if they land in dry brush.

I saw some law scoffing tree that had two branches rubbing together in the wind. I borrowed my neighbor's chainsaw and cut that tree down with the quickness so it wouldn't start a fire. Now my neighbor is pissed because at *me* because *his* no good tree fell on *his* no good truck. Take responsibility for the actions of your own property, brah.

Back
Top Bottom