• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smith & Wesson says sales fell 69.3% as market returns to normal after the pandemic

Reptile

NES Member
SPRINGFIELD — Sales for gunmaker Smith & Wesson fell to the lowest level in 13 years.

Sales in its most recent quarter were $84.4 million, a decrease of $190.2 million or 69.3% from the same time period in 2021, Smith & Wesson said Thursday in a quarterly financial report.

That’s also $11.0 million or 11.6% lower than the comparable quarter in 2020.according to financial results released after the closing of the stock market.

With everyone going nuts for two years, you had to figure it would slow down. That being said, they haven't come out with anything good in a while.
After 20 years or so they finally released a new X frame revolver.

"Smith & Wesson’s also been in a showdown with Congress after lawmakers criticize gun marketing that appeals to fear and to questions of manhood and whether those messages contribute to violence." :oops:

God bless our deranged leftist DimocRAT lawmakers. What would we do without them? 🤔

At this point and with record sales for years, the market was bound to slow down until the next government created crises emerges. Those that wanted a firearm and the amounts of ammunition to have on hand probably managed to acquire what they sought by now. I'll look at it in a good light in that hopefully the market will adjust accordingly with pricing and making more models available again and returning to some in-house QCing instead of letting the public do it with returns for shoddy workmanship. Smiths name keeps popping up for the latter in many forums.

Smiths QC is f***ing terrible. They better do something about it because eventually they will not be able to rely on just “Smith people” to sell shit. (this is actually a real archetype)

Stop building shit???
I bought my last brand new S&W handgun in 2018. It failed to work right out of the box. It went to S&W CS and came back working, but looking like it had gone through a war. It must have taken a helluva lot to fix it. Not trusting it after that, I sold it off on GB at a big loss. :mad:

Now you know why I buy vintage S&W handguns and brand new in every other brand. :(

Last smith gun I bought was fine....after Greg Derr worked it over. Smith continues to make junk nobody wants, that has to catch up with you eventually. Sig is better in every possible way, and that's not even that high a bar to clear.

The only thing that really made them stand out was their revolvers, but they messed that up bad, and that was like 40 years ago.

Smiths QC is f***ing terrible. They better do something about it because eventually they will not be able to rely on just “Smith people” to sell shit. (this is actually a real archetype)

I'm a big fan of their 15-22 magazines in my .22LR AR with magazine adapter. I have no experience with any of their other products but at least they have those going for them.

But we have had 35 months or record sales and they just broke the highest nics check i thought someone just posted

But they aren't buying S&W guns. When you think AR, you don't think S&W. There was a brief time, but not now. When you think compact, you rarely think of S&W. More are thinking Sig and Glock and now Taurus and others as well.

Plus, didn't they run a HUGE sale in the last year or two to boost sales. Maybe things have dropped off after that.

But they aren't buying S&W guns. When you think AR, you don't think S&W. There was a brief time, but not now. When you think compact, you rarely think of S&W. More are thinking Sig and Glock and now Taurus and others as well.

Plus, didn't they run a HUGE sale in the last year or two to boost sales. Maybe things have dropped off after that.
My comment was making that point... whats wrong with s+w if your sales fall 68% during a record 3 year stretch

I gotta say…after using Sig Legion, my M&P Shield 45 really feels like a piece of rattley junk. I’ll keep it but I doubt I’ll buy another SW handgun.
SW stopped caring about quality a long time ago and focused on profits.

Focusing on profits is fine, that is why they are in busienss. But their "Performance Center" were supposed to be top of the line products, and they are just pure junk.

I could tolerate sh*t products for easy profits while at the same time selling premium top of the line products for those of us that want the nice stuff.

But I can't tolerate someone trying to charge $500 more for the same piece of junk and lying to me trying to tell me it is so much better because "Performance Center" and "it has an extra rail". Also, love the "polished internals" that you then take apart to find out there is no polishing.

I gave up on SW.

But I am open minded, if they turn that ship around and their quality gets better, I will buy some of their stuff.

Last smith gun I bought was fine....after Greg Derr worked it over. Smith continues to make junk nobody wants, that has to catch up with you eventually. Sig is better in every possible way, and that's not even that high a bar to clear.

The only thing that really made them stand out was their revolvers, but they messed that up bad, and that was like 40 years ago.
SW sells kit guns. You pay $1K for the kit, invest $650 to finish it and get a good product.

sounds like it's time for a...

[party]SALE![party]
I’ll pass thank you.

The Hillary Hole was the beginning of the end for them and yes, I have a 45acp revolver and a 629 with these holes but the the deal on the 45 was much too cheap to pass up with the prior owner who rarely shot it and got an OUI. The 629 was a must have as a woods gun I don’t care about and it was a decent deal from here.
My 29 and 41 are old and well cared for.

There is nothing in their other offerings that interest me one bit. Far too much crap
I’m much happier with my Sigs anyway.

SW stopped caring about quality a long time ago and focused on profits.

Focusing on profits is fine, that is why they are in busienss. But their "Performance Center" were supposed to be top of the line products, and they are just pure junk.

I could tolerate sh*t products for easy profits while at the same time selling premium top of the line products for those of us that want the nice stuff.

But I can't tolerate someone trying to charge $500 more for the same piece of junk and lying to me trying to tell me it is so much better because "Performance Center" and "it has an extra rail". Also, love the "polished internals" that you then take apart to find out there is no polishing.

I gave up on SW.

But I am open minded, if they turn that ship around and their quality gets better, I will buy some of their stuff.

ezgif-2-22fea262b9.gif

I’ll pass thank you.

The Hillary Hole was the beginning of the end for them and yes, I have a 45acp revolver and a 629 with these holes but the the deal on the 45 was much too cheap to pass up with the prior owner who rarely shot it and got an OUI. The 629 was a must have as a woods gun I don’t care about and it was a decent deal from here.
My 29 and 41 are old and well cared for.

There is nothing in their other offerings that interest me one bit. Far too much crap
I’m much happier with my Sigs anyway.
Lol. I was being sadistic... I mean sarcastic.

Back
Top Bottom