Smith & Wesson sales off by 47% as demand for firearms drops

I for one am not a huge fan of micro pistols. Having one around for summer is plenty.

Maybe too much emphasis on that product line?

How about it they REALLY made their Classic revolvers?

No Hillary hole, firing pin on the hammer, pinned barrels, recessed cylinders - you know...the way they used to make them?

Sure, they'd be more expensive - but you'd actually have that classic look. I hate "new" S&Ws (mid 80s on) and even I'd get excited about that.

Naah - make a generic striker fired small gun and an AR. No one does that.

Guns first.......ammo next. This shit aint gonna go on forever. Prices dropping.......

That said, its still hard to find some fudd guns and lever actions, I just think that's because gun companies stopped/slowed making stuff like that to feed other lines, like semi autos and pistols.
Eventually that will catch up too.

Even with the release of the equalizer? Wow!
Maybe more rebates?

p20340741_b_v13_aa.jpg

No Hillary hole, firing pin on the hammer, pinned barrels, recessed cylinders - you know...the way they used to make them?

Sure, they'd be more expensive - but you'd actually have that classic look. I hate "new" S&Ws (mid 80s on) and even I'd get excited about that.
A premium line priced accordingly. All forged and machined parts for strength and minimized weight. Blued stainless steel. Maybe do their fish scale pattern on exotic hardwood grips. Something special like that.

Agree 100%. [thumbsup] But is the current Smith & Wesson even capable of making highest quality revolvers in the old tradition anymore? I don't think so. :(

All the real gunsmiths are long gone... dead and buried. CNC machines, MIM parts and low skill assemblers have taken their place. 🤔

It would be a wonderful thing to bring back the old Smith & Wesson, but I don't think it is possible. 😢

Thank God you can still find the older, high quality stuff in top condition. Just takes time, patience and lots of money. [cheers]

They catered too much to the new gun owner market the past 2 years (rightfully so), but now those sales are dying off. They haven't released anything I've been interested in lately so I've been mostly ignoring them

All the 2020 political panic one and done new gun owners has reached its peak. Sure as shizz the demand will skyrocket mid 2023 guaranteed .

I haven't bought a S&W since the original M&P9 15 years ago? They don't make anything compelling. I'm sure they sell a decent amount of revolvers based on nostalgia, but that's probably the only item I would consider purchasing from the current S&W line, which would basically be a safe queen.

I haven't bought a S&W since the original M&P9 15 years ago? They don't make anything compelling. I'm sure they sell a decent amount of revolvers based on nostalgia, but that's probably the only item I would consider purchasing from the current S&W line, which would basically be a safe queen.

I doubt there is much profit in revolvers. A lot more expensive to make and there’s not the demand as there is for pistils.

Sig is by far the biggest in the market.
That's one of the reasons they closed up shop over here and made the full move to NH. One other reason is that they can deal more freely in exports than they could over here.
BTW, THIS is my only SIG Sauer, P220S Sport, 1st variant
1670442530484.jpeg

Was anyone really expecting the panic buying of 2020 to continue?

And really, how does a company out do itself when it invented the most lethal cartridge out there?
That would be .40 Cal Smith And Wesson for you mouthbreathing types.
.30 Super Carry you say? .30 Super-Duper Carry I say.
And they make 1911's. What design out there could be more groundbreaking?
A 1911 in Fo-tay or .30 Super-Duper. Put that in an officers framed 1911 and now you have a super-duper jammy-whammy!
Or a 7 shot revolver! Because why 6 or 8 when you can have 7, just like a 1911!
Knuckle dragging Nublitards REJOICE!

Back
Top Bottom