• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smith & Wesson Reveals Surging 4Q Profits - and editors feature a picture of a PPQ

Smith & Wesson Reveals Surging 4Q Profits Amid 'Robust Consumer Demand'

Smith & Wesson (SWHC) more than doubled its fiscal fourth-quarter earnings on Tuesday and issued a bullish outlook as the firearms manufacturer continues to capitalize on rising demand for guns.

Sales soared 37.6% to a new record of $178.7 million, topping the Street’s view of $170.7 million. Gross profits expanded to 38.3% from 36.1%.

Like many firearms manufactures, Smith & Wesson has seen a rise in demand since the Sandy Hook massacre in Newtown, Conn. in December. The mass shooting sparked fears of much tighter gun control legislation from Congress, although the gun lobbyists helped block a bill requiring universal background checks earlier this year.

Looking ahead, Smith & Wesson forecasted fiscal first-quarter revenue of $162 million to $167 million and non-GAAP EPS of 34 cents to 37 cents. Both figures would exceed current forecasts from analysts for sales of $141 million on EPS of 30 cents.

Smith & Wesson Reveals Surging 4Q Profits Amid 'Robust Consumer Demand'

Yeah I know S&W used to be the importer/distribution channel for Walther. But that ended for good at the beginning of the year. On the plus side for the editors, that does look like an M&P of some sort in the back ground, and a Shield in the foreground. Maybe an archive photo from the S&W booth at a show. Any PR pic's from S&W would almost certainly NOT feature Walther front and center.

I wonder if the unintended consequences of the push for greater 2A restriction is clicking in for the antis. Clearly ammunition and certain firearms have become scarce and expensive and it's boosting the bottom line for some manufacturers. Not sure if it really helps the local gun store though.

I'm sure the LGS had a great December/January. After that, their stocks were low, and you can't sell what you don't have. At some point, the shelves in gun stores (at least the rifle section) reminded me of the ones in eastern Germany before the reunification. Bare, with a little dust.

I'm sure the LGS had a great December/January. After that, their stocks were low, and you can't sell what you don't have. At some point, the shelves in gun stores (at least the rifle section) reminded me of the ones in eastern Germany before the reunification. Bare, with a little dust.

Yep. Manufacturers miss the boat when they don't have the ability to ramp up quickly.

Maybe that's why they used a PPQ in the picture - they couldn't find more Smith & Wessons.

Back
Top Bottom