• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smith & Wesson M&P9 Pro - actual experience with this?

Can you name a manufacturer that does make every single model MA compliant?

No, but I expect a little more from a manufacturer in my home state, particularly when compliance can be achieved by swapping some rather inexpensive springs.

No, but I expect a little more from a manufacturer in my home state, particularly when compliance can be achieved by swapping some rather inexpensive springs.

It also requires thousands of dollars in test fees and destruction of 3 guns.

look up jackfunteach here on NES, he has both the pro and the glock and I will say this... I just round after round thru the same hole of the dam bullseye like I have never done before with any pistol right out of the box. To be able to pick up a strangers gun, but 10 rounds into a bullseye @ 45' is sick!

You'll enjoy the Sh*t out of it for sure...

FWIW, Underwhere let me try the same gun and it was ridiculously easy to be accurate with it, and I suck.

My read on the situation is that S&W can sell everyone they make and couldn't be bothered making them MA compliant. I am no longer a S&W fan.

What a load of crap. There is no manufacturer that makes more of an effort to kowtow to the ridiculous laws in MA and get MA gun owners products to buy. None of the others even come close.

It also requires thousands of dollars in test fees and destruction of 3 guns.

The M&Ps are FS's best selling pistols. I think making the 9L model MA compliant would be a sound business move. I also think that the process might be somewhat easier because the 9L shares the same frame and trigger as the already MA compliant standard M&P 9.

What a load of crap. There is no manufacturer that makes more of an effort to kowtow to the ridiculous laws in MA and get MA gun owners products to buy. None of the others even come close.

I disagree, and I do so without resorting to insults.

So, once again I have been surprised by S&W. I received a check from them in the mail yesterday for $65.00 When I sent my M&P9 Pro for the warranty work, I also had the Performance Center complete the M&P trigger & action job. The CSR said it would be $125 and I sent payment. Apparently the CRS didn't know that the M&P Pro series already has the improved sear and therefore the Performance Center did not replace it. I think it was commendable that they would reimburse me the difference. Still if I were to do it over, I think I would purchase Apex Tactical's improved sear and just have Eric at State Line Gun Shop work his magic.

So you want S+W to make a whole other SKU to sell about 50 guns? (and about 25 of those people in MA already have them btw, compliant or not... lol).

-Mike

So you want S+W to make a whole other SKU to sell about 50 guns? (and about 25 of those people in MA already have them btw, compliant or not... lol).

-Mike

Judging by FS's M&P sales I think S&W would sell a lot of 9Ls in MA.

I purchased one more than a year ago. I have shot Gocks in competition but prefer the ergonomics of the S&W M&P or S&W99/Walther P99. Mine has been accurate and reliable. I only wish they provided an adjustable sight option. One might consider purchasing the S&W M&P9L, installing the Apex Tactical sear, and Dawson adjustable rear and fiber optic front sights.

TruGlo has been advertising these on their website since the beginning of the year and I have been looking for a vendor who has them for the past 2 months and nobody does. Apparently, TruGlo isn't shipping them yet. MidwayUSA says, 'Coming Soon" although they have an expected arrival date of 03/31/2010.

Given how reliable midway's dates are even with things that are shipping, I sure won't be holding my breath.

I picked up a 9L - I put in the Apex hard sear and striker block and Ameriglo operator sights - I'm very pleased with this gun. After the initial cleaning and lube I've put 1,460 rounds of 11-12 different types of ammunition downrange without any additional lube or cleaning - no stoppages or failures. I'll see if I can hit 2K and then I'll give it a good cleaning. I pick up my M&P 45 tomorrow, I hope it runs as well as the 9. I'll be running the Apex duty kit in this one as it will likely be my new bedside gun. I'm pretty much a 1911 and Sig classic fan but the M&P is really working well for me.

Back
Top Bottom