• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smith&Wesson m&p 15/22

So i just purchased this gun yesterday...get it home and check it out a bit. I look at the magazine and wtf they gave me a 25 rd mag. (Im from mass) upon further review its not a 25 but a 10... why the hell does it need to be so big? Maybe im being to picky but I'd much rather a short 10 rd mag. I searched but didn't find any. Are they available? Please pardon my bitching lol

You can now get the short 10 rounders. Ive seen them on amazon, I grabbed a bunch from tactical submission as well.

Sent from my mobile device, please excuse typos and brevity.

So i just purchased this gun yesterday...get it home and check it out a bit. I look at the magazine and wtf they gave me a 25 rd mag. (Im from mass) upon further review its not a 25 but a 10... why the hell does it need to be so big? Maybe im being to picky but I'd much rather a short 10 rd mag. I searched but didn't find any. Are they available? Please pardon my bitching lol
I believe they do that so it can be used as a realistic training tool since it mimmics the dimensions of a .223 AR.

I got a few from Midway, be careful on those fake 25rd mags, sometimes the little plastic block will fall out and they will become very very dangerous real 25 rounders.[wink]

Yeah, um, be careful with the mags when you have a box of 500 rounds. One of mine MELTED at the tip from a busy day of rapid fire (DISCLAIMER: I was in MAINE shooting it).

I have both types, but MUCH prefer the short 10 rounders. They are built better (at least they feel nicer), and to me there is no point in having a big magazine if you can't fill it up to it's intended capacity. The big ones don't have that button to pull the follower down either which makes loading them a p.i.t.a. I made some buttons for mine, though, so that loading is the same as the short ones now.

I received a short 10rd mag with my M&P 15 - barely protrudes underneath the mag well.

I remember first shooting the 15-22 at AFS using the 25 round mag and I had a friggin blast...so I bought one...with a 10 rounder of course.

I promptly sold it 3 months later as it became agonizingly boring shooting it with only 10 rounders.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I remember first shooting the 15-22 at AFS using the 25 round mag and I had a friggin blast...so I bought one...with a 10 rounder of course.

I promptly sold it 3 months later as it became agonizingly boring shooting it with only 10 rounders.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I agree, but if you have enough spare mags it isn't quite so bad. I have 5 now, so I don't have to reload super fast like when I first got it and only had a single mag - that really sucked!

Back
Top Bottom