• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smith & Wesson earnings dip, amid borrowing for relocation to Tennessee

Reptile

NES Member
SPRINGFIELD Smith & Wesson Brands, the gunmaker that now is still based in Springfield, said sales fell 27.4 percent in its most recent quarter. Sales amounted to $129 million, down $48.7 million from the same three months a year ago.

But the $129 million in net sales for the three months that ended Jan. 31 were up $1.6 million, or 1.3%, from November, December and January of 2020, the last pre-pandemic comparable third quarter.

Gun sales spiked during COVID-19, with buyers spooked about perceived risk of civic unrest, flush with relief cash and using time during lockdown to pursue outdoor sports.

In its earnings release Thursday, Smith & Wesson reported profits of $11.1 million, or 24 cents per share, compared with $30.5 million, or 65 cents per diluted share, for the comparable quarter last year, and $4.2 million, or 8 cents per diluted share, for the comparable quarter in fiscal 2020.

I dumped my stock last year. Their revolvers are about the best, although I wish they’d go retro with updated versions of the classics. (Think Model 13, 357 with 4” pencil barrel, half dime front sight, and a lanyard ring)
Their semi auto pistols just don’t do anything for me. I can’t put my finger on it but they’re just soulless to my mind. Call me crazy.
Their long guns seem ok although the jury’s still out on the folding carbine and the bullpup shotgun.

Back
Top Bottom