• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smith Enterprise M14/M1A bolt stop

I'm not sure I understand what this part does. If it helps you reload quicker and there are no other choices the price point is moot. I have the ambi mag release on my AR the
more expensive one works and has yet to break. The cheaper one has broken in short time...I don't see in your video how this piece helps?

The normal bolt stop on an M14 is just that, a bolt stop. It was never designed to allow the operator to release the bolt. This one provides more leverage to allow you to use it like a modern rifle.

The modern technique of using a rifle typically implies that the firing hand stays on the pistol grip, and the non-shooting hand takes care of the reload. Without this, you would need to reach over and pull the charging handle back and release it. M1 & M14 are really right hand manipulation rifles.

B

I'm not sure I understand what this part does. If it helps you reload quicker and there are no other choices the price point is moot. I have the ambi mag release on my AR the
more expensive one works and has yet to break. The cheaper one has broken in short time...I don't see in your video how this piece helps?

it converts the bolt hold open on an M1A/M14 to a release, normally when reloading an M1A you have to reach over the rifle and release the bolt by pulling the oprod back. this part, from what i understand, allows you to just hit the bolt release once you chamber a new mag

Back
Top Bottom