• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smith and Wesson M & P AR 15 Sport - thoughts?

I was wondering if anyone here owns one and recommends it? I am strictly using it for target fun at the range and want to know your thoughts. Basically I am not looking to spend a lot of money but I do want an AR in 5.56 that will go boom and go straight when I pull the trigger. I value this forums opinions and experience. Thank you.

I have a M&P 15 OR. I think really the only difference between the two is the Sport get sights and it lacks a forward assist and dust cover. I like mine and the price was right. Never had an issue.

I bought the Sport in November, first AR and I'm hooked! Will go boom and straight with each squeeze of the tirigger... and it won't break the back, which means more ammo, rails, or optics!
Go for it!

The sport will go bang and shoots accurately. The dust cover and forward assist are not essential features on an AR, particularly a range toy. Other than lacking those two features (and having a melonite barrel vs. chrome lined, which is arguably superior) it's a "standard" AR. The upper could be swapped later if you decided you needed the forward assist and dust cover.

Back
Top Bottom