• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smith and Wesson Increases prices on AR-15's

I was just on the S&W website and noticed that they increased the price on all there M&P15 rifles !!! [thinking]
Has anyone else noticed this ?

I would wager that they raised the price for dealers as well....

I daresay this is actually the point. They saw the dealers selling the guns for high prices and decided to help themselves to share.

S&W's corporate profits have not been what the investors wanted. Problems with the I-Bolt, both low sales and a recall, have not helped.

I think prices for all of S&W's products went up. I was inquiring the other day about a new hand gun and when the dealer called the rep, the rep told him there was a new higher price.[frown]

Most of the major manufacturers have been bumping prices a few points every year, at a minimum. This really isns't a surprise... it started happening a year or so ago. Most people haven't noticed because the out of control ammo prices have dwarfed any gun price increases.

The gun increases overall haven't been that huge, though, excluding the obama frenzy problem, of course...

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom