• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smith and Wesson a potential buyer for parts of Freedom Group?

Smith & Wesson is “definitely a likely” bidder for parts of Freedom Group, Rommel Dionisio, a New York-based analyst at Wedbush Inc., said in a phone interview. Freedom Group’s Remington unit in particular would be a “very good fit” for the company, he said, and with most of the brand’s long-gun business focused on shot guns and bolt-action rifles, “its exposure to potential regulatory changes is fairly minimal.”

Gunmaker Profits Seen Trumping S&P Amid Ban Proposals - Bloomberg

I believe Bushmaster is also a part of Freedom Group....

Yep, and Marlin and H&R and DPMS and Tapco and Para and Barnes and others. Lots of gun companies under Freedom Group.

Got them. S&W has done well for me, but it's been relatively flat lately. If anything, this acquisition would make it start moving one way or the other.
S&W needs to move out of Springfield since Mayor Sarno is a member of the Mayors Council to Ban firearms. Those 1600 skilled jobs could easily move to a firearm friendly State. The bozo Mayor of Simpleton wants to ban one of their best product lines.

S&W needs to move out of Springfield since Mayor Sarno is a member of the Mayors Council to Ban firearms. Those 1600 skilled jobs could easily move to a firearm friendly State. The bozo Mayor of Simpleton wants to ban one of their best product lines.

The jobs might move, but not necessarily the employees. These mayors/governors are hypocrites. They want to ban guns, but they like the tax revenue and steady, good paying employment the companies involve.

The jobs might move, but not necessarily the employees. These mayors/governors are hypocrites. They want to ban guns, but they like the tax revenue and steady, good paying employment the companies involve.

And how is that a problem? The employees work for a gun company, most of them are probably fully aware of the BS gun laws in Mass. If those employees are too dumb to move to a free state to continue their career with Smith (and probably getting some relocation help too) they deserve to remain here looking for work.

Smith and Wesson's home is in the heart of Gun Valley. It's been home for far longer than the stupid BS laws/legislation have been around. If everybody tucked tail and ran away from home, at the first sign of trouble... who would be left to fight the good fight? And if the fight is fought for generations, but then abandoned because of exhaustion or frustration, are we failing those that fought before us?

Got them. S&W has done well for me, but it's been relatively flat lately. If anything, this acquisition would make it start moving one way or the other.

Unfortunately the aquirer tends to move down.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the aquirer tend to move down.

This is true mostly when the acquired is traded as well. However, in this case, it would probably be a portion of Freedom group that is purchased. Depending on that portions portfolio of goods, it could be seen as a positive move as well...,

sent from the Times Two Tavern via Nexus 7

I wonder what is going to happen to AAC. I know they got sucked in; they might be small enough to get private investment to pull them out of that mess.

-Mike

I wonder what is going to happen to AAC. I know they got sucked in; they might be small enough to get private investment to pull them out of that mess.

-Mike
Are they a part of Cerubus? Cerubus has made it clear that they would rather divest their firearms holdings than lose investing customers.

Are they a part of Cerubus? Cerubus has made it clear that they would rather divest their firearms holdings than lose investing customers.

From what I remember they were part of that freedom group family of businesses.

-Mike

From what I remember they were part of that freedom group family of businesses.

-Mike

Freedom Group Family of Companies

Cerberus Capital Management

There are, however, actions that we as a firm can take. Accordingly, we have determined to immediately engage in a formal process to sell our investment in Freedom Group. We will retain a financial advisor to design and execute a process to sell our interests in Freedom Group, and we will then return that capital to our investors. We believe that this decision allows us to meet our obligations to the investors whose interests we are entrusted to protect without being drawn into the national debate that is more properly pursued by those with the formal charter and public responsibility to do so.

Back
Top Bottom