• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SmartReloader ear muffs

Bought a pair of the SmartReloader SR 112's. Paid about 50 for them last year. They snapped in half about a month ago and had to chase them down to get back to me via emails and voicemails. There customer service seems very, very poor. Finally received a new pair in the mail no charge only to have them snap in half again the other day. Junk or what? I ordered a new pair of the Howard Leight Impact Sports yesterday. The SR's seem to be very cheaply made now.....
ebu7y7u8.jpg

Fired from my HTC One with high capacity storage

I bought a pair of Peltor electronics muffs a few years ago, they were cheaper than what you paid and I'm still using them. I'm wearing them in my avatar, I wear them for all outdoor shooting (mostly trap). I like that they're low profile and they don't hit the stock of my guns....

I don't expect anything better from smartreloader.
Can you salvalge the parts from the 2?
Best you can do really is leave feedback with pictures on review section of where you purchased.
I have had every less expensive pair of muffs. Found it best not to grab them by the ear piece but rather the band.
Check harbor frieght. Every decent pair of muffed I own seem to grow feet!

Last edited:
I don't expect anything better from smartreloader.
Can you salvalge the parts from the 2?
Best you can do really is leave feedback with pictures on review section of where you purchased.
I have had every less expensive pair of muffs. Found it best not to grab them by the ear piece but rather the band.
Check harbor frieght. Every decent pair of muffed I own seem to grow feet!

The plastic where the band is attached to the muffs snaps. Very poor quality plastic.
gu3u2y5e.jpg

Fired from my HTC One with high capacity storage

I bought a pair of Peltor electronics muffs a few years ago, they were cheaper than what you paid and I'm still using them. I'm wearing them in my avatar, I wear them for all outdoor shooting (mostly trap). I like that they're low profile and they don't hit the stock of my guns....

Same here - bought Peltor Tactical 6-5 in 2009. Still in use for all range and trap/skeet shooting.

I have a pair of work tunes earmuffs by 3m. They are too big for trap. But for pistol and rifle i like to listen to the ipod or radio while shooting.

If there is someone else at the range i generally turn the radio down or off so i can hear them just in case. 90 percent of the time im alone at the range tho.

Great for yard work too, i use them on the tractor and weedwacking all the time

55 bucks at Ace hardware stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have a pair of work tunes earmuffs by 3m. They are too big for trap. But for pistol and rifle i like to listen to the ipod or radio while shooting.

If there is someone else at the range i generally turn the radio down or off so i can hear them just in case. 90 percent of the time im alone at the range tho.

Great for yard work too, i use them on the tractor and weedwacking all the time

55 bucks at Ace hardware stores. ..............

I bought a pair of those so I could listen to music while at the range also. With the music on I can't hear anything around me. I had a guy walk out onto the indoor range the second time I used them. I never heard him come in. I stopped using them after that.
Oh and he walked in and right down range after I had taken a shot with a .45. He said he didn't know I was there. Maybe he's the one who can't hear when I'm wearing them.

Yeah. I wouldnt wear them on a crowded range indoors either

Most of the time im outdoors with no one around and its obvious when people drive up so i like them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom