Smart Glock Slide

Digital readout on back of slide, hard pass.

Log book for firearm history, hmm, could be useful.

If it makes Maura cry and causes her to take Glocks off her non-list cuz it now has an LCI that can't be disputed, then I'm all for it. [smile]

Tough choice to have either this or that phul otto thingy in the back

Anything electronic is subject to failure more readily than anything else. Hard pass, thanks. This potentially creates more problems than it would ever solve.

Anything electronic is subject to failure more readily than anything else. Hard pass, thanks. This potentially creates more problems than it would ever solve.

Unfortunately, THIS.

I see people learning to rely more upon technology in their cars, and less upon their ability with backup and side cameras as a primary example. The auto-braking by proximity sensing scares me because it takes control away from the driver. There are times when I've made that split second decision to power through a situation, not brake. That decision was in my hands, not in the equipment, and I wasn't relying on the equipment/technology to solve it.

If that technology fails, people who've come to rely upon it consequently fail.

I count shots. It's become habit from shooting games where I need to know if I'm going to need to reload, and from RO'ing others where I need to know if they loaded to division capacity. That technology isn't likely to fail.

I agree but I don't think we'll be able to use that argument in a few years. Just look at cars. Literally everything from steering output, braking, airbag deployment, etc relies on some sensor or electrical input .Yet no one would argue that a modern car is less safe than even some steel boat of a Cadillac from the 50s.

Even if its solid tech with bulletproof reliability, we should always have a choice. The market itself will keep good ideas and kill bad ones, no Maura needed.

It's crap like this that anti people will point to in legislation and lawsuits to show how conventional guns are unsafe. This the stupidest type of device, intended to replace the brain and common sense.

I agree but I don't think we'll be able to use that argument in a few years. Just look at cars. Literally everything from steering output, braking, airbag deployment, etc relies on some sensor or electrical input .Yet no one would argue that a modern car is less safe than even some steel boat of a Cadillac from the 50s.

Even if its solid tech with bulletproof reliability, we should always have a choice. The market itself will keep good ideas and kill bad ones, no Maura needed.
I disagree.

There are benefits to technology, this is why i develop it professionally. But my steering is not by wire. Nor is my throttle. Nor are my brakes.

And my next car will probably have carbs because they're more robust and easier to adjust that EFI. They're not perfect, but there are definitely ways they are preferable to the new stuff

I mean I wouldnt get one but if even when it breaks it lets the gun fire. Then who cares

Back
Top Bottom