small victory -this will make the gobe bats cry

Law allowing guns in churches signed by Arkansas governor

By Suzi Parker, Reuters
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe, a Democrat, signed into law on Monday a bill that allows concealed-carry permit holders to take their weapons into churches.
The Church Protection Act would allow individual places of worship to decide whether to allow concealed handguns and who could carry them. Churches that take no action will remain off-limits to guns.
The Republican-controlled House passed the bill 85-8 with bipartisan support last week. The measure previously passed the Republican-controlled Senate 28-4.

The law takes place immediately.
Gun advocates praised Beebe for his action.
"It is crucial to protecting the freedom of religion and property rights," said Nicholas Stehle, a member of the board of directors of the advocacy group Arkansas Carry.
"The state has no business meddling in the affairs of our churches," Stehle said.
Arkansas joins a handful of other states, including South Carolina, Wyoming and Louisiana, that allow guns in churches, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

I did not know that there were state laws on the books that made ccw in a church illegal! I CCW to church on Sundays all the time.....am I breaking the law in MASS? I know I know......concealed means concealed I've seen that response here a hundred times over......just curiouse if MASS has a law against ccw in a church.

I did not know that there were state laws on the books that made ccw in a church illegal! I CCW to church on Sundays all the time.....am I breaking the law in MASS? I know I know......concealed means concealed I've seen that response here a hundred times over......just curiouse if MASS has a law against ccw in a church.
^ THIS ^

I don't think many moonbats are church attendees anyway, so they probably will not care one way or the other.

The cloak room was accepted storage for weaponry in the 1600's Massachusetts churches. In some older places you will look at the pegs for cloak storage and actually see that they were gun racks. I know some very well qualified Pastors that required all their Deacons (cloak room guards) maintain a LTC in order to accept weapons in case they were presented for storage during services. It's a very small victory but it is a win.

nun_n_gun_48a4a.jpg
url.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom