Small 9mm for carry - what to get?

I dare you to find anywhere in any internet forum or other venue where I have either advocated, agreed with, or otherwise gone along quietly with use of a pocket pistol without a holster or any form of "Mexican carry".

And I defy you to identify where I made any such assertion. Here's where I think you missed a corner:

The post concerned a POCKET PISTOL. I took the poster at his word; i.e., NO holster. My remarks were made accordingly.

NONE were directed at you; rather, you chose to make disparaging remarks about the CS 9 in order to extoll your "Baby Glock." It was call and raise thereafter.

Note also that you said you carried "IWB." Not an IWB holster; "IWB." To the extent there was miscommunication, it seems you started it.

NOW are we all on the same page?

Scrivener said:
And I defy you to identify where I made any such assertion. Here's where I think you missed a corner:

The post concerned a POCKET PISTOL. I took the poster at his word; i.e., NO holster. My remarks were made accordingly.

Well, I actually do use a holster... got a couple of Uncle Mike's - but I understand the confusion in that I didn't specifically mention it. I suspect that if I can find my elusive "perfect gun", I'll spring for a good leather pocket holster.

As for Mexican carry... fuggedaboutit.

But carry on... carry on. The discussion is fascinating!
popcorn.gif

cdkayak said:
Ross,
Just wondering, which Kel-tec did you try? The P-11 or the newer PF-9? The PF-9 is a little slimmer although slightly longer than the P-11 and might be better suited to pocket carry. Either might be a little long though.

P11. I think. But since they're not sold here in the PRM, they're mighty rare on the ground. [rolleyes]

Ray P said:
Still not so sure this gun fits Dwarven1's criteria on pocketability & double action. but it is a great little gun for IWB or belt carry.

Correct. I do want a DA for this purpose. As I've said before, if Para would come up with a steel-framed, Warthog-sized, 9mm with the LDA, that would be my perfect gun. I'd sell my Walther (and my Davis) so fast it'd make heads spin.

Maybe I'll just wait until they do... it'll be interesting to see if Darius dies of suspense first. [devil]

Assumptions are a dangerous thing counselor.

From post #30 from Dwarven1:

"So I'm looking for a DA semi-auto that can be carried safely hammer down on a loaded chamber, in 9mm, small enough to fit in a pocket holster."

Note also that you said you carried "IWB." Not an IWB holster; "IWB." To the extent there was miscommunication, it seems you started it.

Yep. Dangerous. I guess I also forgot to mention that I carry it with bullets in it. Did you also assume that because of that "miscommunication" that i carried it unloaded?

NOW are we all on the same page?

Ross and I have always been on the same page. Hopefully you will find it shortly.

Have a good night.

Ross,

You never answered my question!

Did you try out my PT-111 at Westford or not?

If so, what's your impression of the gun? Would it fit your requirements?

Wow!!

for a few pages there I thought I was on Packing.Org. I hope this board never goes fully in that direction. When I'm very board I go on that site just for this type of entertainment.

LenS said:
Ross,

You never answered my question!

Did you try out my PT-111 at Westford or not?

If so, what's your impression of the gun? Would it fit your requirements?

Actually, I did, Len. IIRC, it shot pretty nice... and the trigger didn't seem to be the usual Taurus broken glass trigger. [wink] I didn't really compare it to the PPK for size as I wasn't thinking in that direction then, and I knew that Taurii weren't sold in PRM due to the "child protection" regulations. [rolleyes]

If you're serious about parting with it, I'll definitely have to take a look at it again.

And Pilgrim?

thpttth.gif

Ross,

OK, I didn't recall your responding to that question, but I thought that you did try it.

Take a look back to post #78 where I posted actual measurements from my PPK/s and PT-111. Dimensions were the same! BTW: Disclaimer - width I reported for 642 was of the grip (since that was the question posed), not the actual width of the gun (cylinder in this case is wider).

Pilgrim said:
OOOWWW !

I'm wounded !
Nonsense... you've been slobbered on. Look at the smiley again. [wink]

And it hasn't resulted in nothing - there are several guns that have been eliminated from contention. That's not nothing; that's progress. I may not have my 9mm pocket pistol, but I do know what I do NOT want.

there seem to be an awful lot of people reading this thread who believe in instant gratification... whereas I've spent too much time analyzing equipment requirements. that's how I'm approaching this - like a job. I know what I want and I will find it. And I'm going to avoid buying somethat that I'll wind up selling in a few months because I don't like it.

Ross

Last edited:
dwarven1 said:
Darius! Would you make up your friggin' mind!! [rolleyes]

Dwarven, your melon is going soft -- must be all that recent indecisiveness. [wink]

For the record, I have never, ever, said, thought, or felt that Taurus made even one minimally satisfactory firearm. Those guns are Caca del Toro in my book.

Ross,

You mentioned the Para Warthog Earlier. Para makes the Hawg-9 which is the 9mm version of the Warthog. I don't know about the LDA trigger system as a stock item, but maybe you can request it as an option.

Also, check out the Springfield XD Sub-Compact. Tackle Unlimited has some in MA (not sure if these are somehow MA legal - they're not on the list, but maybe he got them from a MA owner who had them). Look on GunsAmerica.com

Last edited:
Thor67 said:
Ross,

You mentioned the Para Warthog Earlier. Para makes the Hawg-9 which is the 9mm version of the Warthog. I don't know about the LDA trigger system as a stock item, but maybe you can request it as an option.

Also, check out the Springfield XD Sub-Compact. Tackle Unlimited has some in MA (not sure if these are somehow MA legal - they're not on the list, but maybe he got them from a MA owner who had them). Look on GunsAmerica.com
WTF is a "5.5 to 7.7 lbs. (USATM) action trigger system"? Looks like a Glock wannabe. [rolleyes] At least they have a grip safety... unlike Glocks.

I'll have to check into it.

Thor67 said:
Ross,

You mentioned the Para Warthog Earlier. Para makes the Hawg-9 which is the 9mm version of the Warthog. I don't know about the LDA trigger system as a stock item, but maybe you can request it as an option....

Do those fit the "pocket size" criteria? Are they available in MA?

dwarven1 said:
They fit the pocket size criteria, but I don't think that they make one with an LDA. If they do, it's not on Para's website.

I don't believe that they do. The Warthawg (at least the few I have seen) has the traditional 1911 SA operation.

Wow! Thanks, Bro. I'm trying to put my name in, but the SW Forum folks are taking their time about activating my account. [rolleyes] That's very generous of you.

Ross

dwarven1 said:
Can't see it from where I am right now... sitefilter: weapons. (but they're not blocking northeastshooters... [devil]

Ross,
Go to http://anonymizer.com/default.html At the top of the page, there is a little URL bar. Put the site address in there and click GO.

It's a free web based proxy service. Some sites are blocked there, but for the most part, you can get to what you want through any filter.

Adam

Thanks, Adam, but I was at a customer site yesterday waiting for a backup to run. It's not a problem any more. (Customer was a school... heavens. Don't want the kiddies learning about GUNS. [rolleyes])

Back
Top Bottom