• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Slip 2000 EWL

Guys been thinking of switching to Slip 2000 EWL. Been using Breakthrough clean and I have been happy but I keep hearing great things about Slip 2000. I started my time in the Marines so CLP was the standard.

Love to hear from guys running it on there rifles and pistols.

I used Breakfree CLP for about 10 years and it worked great. But it's apparently pretty toxic.

I switched to Slip 2000 Gun Lube and EWL about 2 years ago. I use EWL for the rifles that I run suppressed (5.56 and 300BLK). And Gun Lube for the rest of my long guns and all of my handguns. So far both perform just as well as Breakfree both as cleaners and as lubricant. And it's non-toxic. Great stuff.

How do the Slip 2000 products perform under low temperature conditions? I know some other lubes start to thicken and gum things up whn the temps get low.

I've had no issues down to the 20's... If you're wondering about any temps colder than that... I couldn't tell ya.

i use milcomm TW-25b on heavy applications like a DI bolt/BCG and Slip-2000 EWL on lighter stuff like pistols. it works very well for me although to be honest i'm not sure it offers anything over a bottle of synthetic motor oil. lubricating a pistol is easy and most anything will do. on a rifle i find liquid lubricants like slip-2000 are too thin. i prefer something thicker that will behave itself at both high and low temperatures. i have had phenomenal experiences with the TW-25b. no matter how heavily fouled it keeps things slick. in a jam one can just squeeze it into a heavily fouled BCG and it will slick it up again even without cleaning.

for a while i was using TW-25b also in pistols but i think it's overkill (plus a bit pricy). however i do still use it on pistols where i want to minimize wear as much as possible such as 1911's or Sig pistols where a steel slide rides on a softer aluminum frame.

I use EWL, a little goes a loooong way but it doesn't seem to stay in place. For example it ends up on the stock on my ar and I only lube the bolt carrier group with one drop (like I said it goes a long way).

Great stuff. I used to use the Slip 2000 EWG grease on my slides if I was shooting a lot but now I use their EWL30 heavy oil on my slides and it doesn't make the mess that grease did. I've used the EWL oil on the barrels of my semi hand guns and even with over 4000 rounds there is no appreciable wear. Still clean with Hoppes though.

Its all snake oil. I have militech that will last me forever, which works fine. I used to use slip 2000, it worked fine. CLP worked fine for me in the Marine Corps. WD-40 also works fine. Going forward, I'll just buy the tried and true CLP.

The only issues I've ever seen with gun reliability due to lubrication has been on completely dry guns, and machineguns. And guess what, a few sprays of CLP into an M240 or M2, and it keeps running.

Mike

The breakfree CLP data sheet says non toxic?
I'm not so sure why people get all hell bent on basic oils and solvents. Are you soaking your hands I'm this stuff?
If you google search a product for its SDS info you can get a idea of what's in it. Most is just synthetic oil .
Slip 2000 is listed with a melting point of 110'f and boils at 650'f ... Aplling just about any product for lubrication of metal will work and if its messy or coming off when shooting you applied to much.
For ARs if your stock is getting oil on it when shooting you have to much oils and gunk up inside your upper receiver.
I'm sticking with how the old marine shooting his M16 down the range lubes his with a finger tip covered in CLP spreads it out over everything then every several hundred rounds one tiny drop in the holes on the side of the BCG.
Use what you got and what you think is best for you.

Back
Top Bottom