Slim, no frills rifle case recommendation?

headednorth

NES Member
I've got a reg cab pickup truck with not a whole lot of space behind the seat. Looking for the smallest case possible that will fit a 16" AR and a few mags.

Thinking a soft case that I can put a cheap lock through the zippers to be compliant. A lot of those seem to tend to have a single zipper though so no way to really lock it. The more tacticool ones tend to have dual zippers it seems, but are larger than I'd like and have all kinds of pockets, straps, etc all over the place. Hard cases will be wider than I'd like.

Just want something slim, relatively small and simple that I can put a lock on that will fit a 16" AR, a few mags and not much else.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Zappa found some goofy [the skateboard, not the bags] Whiptide skateboard bags at Ocean State Job Lot in this thread:
I stopped into Ocean State Job Lot today and saw these nice padded ballistic nylon carry cases for only $10.00

At first I thought it was a rifle case, but it was really intended for a skateboard. I measured it and found it to be 34" long and thought to myself "I bet my AR15 will fit in that". So for such short money I grabbed one. Sure enough, my AR fit perfectly (16" bbl with stock collapsed and 30 round mag inserted) and it even has a nice padded shoulder strap, D rings, and zippered pouches for mags on the outside.

I found the exact case on Amazon for $26, I posted the link here so you can see what it looks like:

https://www.amazon.com/Whiptide-Carve-Board-Travel-Carrying/dp/B017JT2ERG

With the name "WHIPTIDE" emblazoned on the outside, it doesn't scream "Red Alert - Black Killy Rifle In Here".

Thanks guys. Picked one up at OSJL for $10. Juust fits. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for. [thumbsup]

Back
Top Bottom