• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Slight glimmer of hope in California

caboose84

NES Member
Sweating my nuts off in SouthWest Florida!
Last weekend the wife and I went to Palm Desert California for a celebration of life of our sister in law. Palm Desert is near Palm Springs, in Riverside County.

On the way to the airport Monday morning there was a radio ad from the Riverside County Sheriff, talking about how he supports your right to self defense and encouraged folks to get their CWP. He discussed the process, where to get started and mentioned that once you had your CWP from Riverside County they'd help you get your non resident Arizona CWP, which enables you to carry in 39 states.

Not a bad thing to hear on our way out of there.

The only hope for california is that they have a massive earthquake, and it breaks off into the ocean.

I still think we should just gift it back to Mejico. Let all the cucks in hollyweird see what they aspire the US to be.

In all seriousness and to respond to the OP, MOST of California (land area wise) is VERY conservative. They just have too friggen many commies in the cities and no way to oust them all short of commuting genocide.

Sheriffs will absolutely be CRUCIAL when the SHTF finally, so good to hear even in crazy places like CA, they’re still on board with the 2A.

Last weekend the wife and I went to Palm Desert California for a celebration of life of our sister in law. Palm Desert is near Palm Springs, in Riverside County.

On the way to the airport Monday morning there was a radio ad from the Riverside County Sheriff, talking about how he supports your right to self defense and encouraged folks to get their CWP. He discussed the process, where to get started and mentioned that once you had your CWP from Riverside County they'd help you get your non resident Arizona CWP, which enables you to carry in 39 states.

Not a bad thing to hear on our way out of there.
There are some holdout areas and people within California. Sadly, much like Mass the high population centers dominate state politics and their whims are forced on the rest of the constituents. Here's a map of 2016 presidential election results by precinct, which tells the California story of lefty cities ruling the state:

C8LBQfAUMAEh1jp

Pretty f-ed up when you look at this map and think about what happened in 2020 and again in 2022. Anyway, there are not only vast areas of red in California, there are pockets of deep red populated by folks you would expect to vote accordingly.

I would say the glimmer of hope is in the fact that the sheriff was publicly stating his support for 2A, mentioning how they were glad to help residents get their CCW, made the process as easy as possible, and would actively help them get Arizona non resident CCW's.

Within the bounds of commiefornia law, that's as good as it gets.

The sheriff is a 29 year veteran of the department, first elected in 2018 and re-elected this past June. So it's not like he's looking for votes until 2026.

Back
Top Bottom