• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Slide went on wrong and can't remove! Help!

RYJ

So guys just cleaned my S&W sd40ve and when putting slide back on I apparently messed up and only the rear frame guides aligned and I cannot remove slide now and gun is in operable. Any ideas!? I feel like such an idiot

Hammer? Pictures would help, but if its jammed could be tough to remove without damage.....Not sure how it could happen as once the slide is through the front rails it pretty much self aligns. You did push it on from the front right?

Last edited:
attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

Trying not to put a great deal of force on it

Attachments

• JAMMED.jpg
    JAMMED.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 417
Oh jeez....I think I would very carefully tap it back towards the rear with piece of hardwood.......Not a high probability of success without damaging either the rails or worse the slide....

Hammer? Pictures would help, but if its jammed could be tough to remove without damage.....Not sure how it could happen as once the slide is through the front rails it pretty much self aligns. You did push it on from the front right?

Done it a million times and apparently this time i missed the front rails and it went on....

I've had this happen to me. Push down near the rear sight and pull the slide forward (while holding the slide release tabs down). It may take a few tries.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Just like a glock.
I made a recoil guid rod for a gun shop that had one brought in I got paid in .22 lol

Oh yeah. That's the gun that SW has to pay $10 to Glock for copying their patent. Fail.

I wish this wasn't true [rofl]

True. My SKS bolt loves to rape Ben's thumb

And yeah. We should start a gun owner **** up thread. I remember one time I forgot to put my recoil spring back in my TZ-75 slide and thought it was stuck. You feel like shit... And your heart stops.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. That's the gun that SW has to pay $10 to Glock for copying their patent. Fail.

Nope sigma , this gun came after they made enough changes to not piss off glock .

My thumb is so messed up today. I was turning bar stock to make a holder so I could hold one inch tools in my mill. My chip breaker moved so I grabbed the rats near of metal. I pulled like a dumbass and the curled up burning hot metal took a chunk of my thumb with it .

Last edited:
Glad it came off. :)

Another option - assuming it works like an M&P, which it looks like - is to drive out the rollpin in the "beavertail" area of the grip.
The sear block can be worked free (might need a little wiggling to come off the trigger) -- then the slide will just pop right off the block.

So guys just cleaned my S&W sd40ve and when putting slide back on I apparently messed up and only the rear frame guides aligned and I cannot remove slide now and gun is in operable. Any ideas!? I feel like such an idiot

You're not an idiot. I've done that and many of us have (and we and our firearms have survived)!

Back
Top Bottom