• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SKS: Yugo vs Norinco ?

YUGO or NORINCO

• Total voters
... or drill a corresponding hole in the magazine bottom and use it as a visual/tactile indicator that you are down to your "Last Five Rounds!" [smile]

20180830_091729-jpg.245334

Numrich was OOS. Found a Russian from a different vendor for the same price but pinned to 5 rounds. The pin is on the follower which are $1.00 everywhere so that will be an easy fix. Had to take a file to the front lip of the mag to make it fit smoothly. Cycles rounds fine. I am happy and the stock is fine as it wasn't messed with too much for the duckbills.
View attachment 245334
What was the purpose of limiting to 5 rounds? Is there a state that limits hunting semi autos to 5 maybe?

7.62x39 is an ok deer carteridge.....bout the same ballistics as 30-30

What was the purpose of limiting to 5 rounds? Is there a state that limits hunting semi autos to 5 maybe?

7.62x39 is an ok deer carteridge.....bout the same ballistics as 30-30
I am just guessing that it is for hunting, like you said, or Canadian restrictions. I found lots of 10 round mags pinned to 5 from Canadian sites. This pinning was easily removed as it was on the follower. Others i found were "frankenpinnings" attached to the lower mag cover's insides.
P10706661280x7201-1.jpg P10706701280x72021-1.jpg

So, Artie. Did you blow the pin away? [smile]

So, Artie. Did you blow the pin away? [smile]
Pin is gone and everything runs great.

Rifle still had remnants of cosmoline so on Monday I broke the rifle down, put all parts on a towel, inside a black garbage bag, and sat it out in the sun for about 5 hrs. Scrubbed everything down with minerals spirits, re-oiled, and reassembled.

Shot it on Tuesday and it was shooting to the left so had to adjust the front site a bit. Real fun rifle. Everyone should own one[thumbsup]

I picked up my Russian SKS around the mid 90's at the Big E for $89. The next year they were $99 so I bought another and my Dad bought 1. Last I saw one it was $700 at my LGS

Here at NES we call that Forward Thinking! Good for you!.
~Matt

Pin is gone and everything runs great.

Rifle still had remnants of cosmoline so on Monday I broke the rifle down, put all parts on a towel, inside a black garbage bag, and sat it out in the sun for about 5 hrs. Scrubbed everything down with minerals spirits, re-oiled, and reassembled.

Shot it on Tuesday and it was shooting to the left so had to adjust the front site a bit. Real fun rifle. Everyone should own one[thumbsup]
They are actually a nice functioning rifle and fun to shoot. My norinko sends the spent casings about 25 feet straight up in the air when shooting it! On a covered firing line the spent casings rebound off the ceiling HARD and bounce around all over the place.

What is all the noise about cosmoline?? Doesn't anybody like to disassemble their guns anymore? Taking my Yugo SKS apart and removing the cosmoline is a 3 day project I will never forget. And yes it took me 3 days to sweat the cosmoline out of the wood. Funny how you think it's done but after 10 minutes with the hair dryer you find beads of cosmoline oozing out of the grain in the wood again.... LOL.

There is a very sweet M59/66 Yugo over on the NES Classifieds that was de-cosmolined like a BOSS! Great price too ($400).
If I didn't already have 5 M59/66's I'd be on this one like cosmo on a firing pin...

SKS

Back
Top Bottom