• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SKS with multiple import marks

SR556

Banned
Picked up an SKS D (or M, I can't really tell) today and noticed it has 2 import marks. One says CSI DAL TX USA and the other says CSI LA CA. What does that mean? Was this SKS imported, exported, then imported again? If so, why?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sks2.jpg

sks1.jpg

Last edited:
Most likely its just 2 locations the importer used.

If you post a few complete pics its easy to tell if its a D or M.

Just the man I was hoping to hear from. Took a few pics and I hope they help. The stock obviously isn't the original... it's some terrible ATI Dragunov stock. Plan on getting an M or D stock for it if I can find one. The screw holding the bayonet on doesn't look factory. Here are the pics, tell me I don't have a Bubba.
moresks4.jpg

moresks2.jpg

moresks3.jpg

moresks1.jpg

I'm suffering from insomnia and looking at pics on a phone but it looks like a D to me. I read something on the SKS boards about the bayonets being pinned on. You can still buy the correct pins from a few sites. You'll have to do some searching though and peen the end over with a punch and hammer once you get one.

Thanks for the info Ray. The bayonet pin should be easy to find but do you know of any place to buy a M or D stock? Not a huge fan of the gap that regular stocks leave in front of the mag well and I'd like to avoid making my own filler piece.

Back
Top Bottom