Sks vs Highpoint 4595

Come and take

NES Member
So here is the dilemma. I have a chance to trade a HighPoint 4595 for a SKS and cash their way.

Also so with my trade I am giving him three mags and 100 rounds of ammo.

The Sks has two stocks. The original and after market similar to the pic below. The aftermarket is a little darker. Guy was trying to sell it for $500. Or 600 with 500 rounds. So my trade I would owe him about 100 to 200.

What would you guys do?

I do like the Highpoint but also always wanted a SKS. I do not know the make of SKS.

Highpoint is fun plinking gun and happy either way.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Without knowing what kind of SKS, it sounds like a decent deal.

A chinese SKS could go for as little as $300. I recently sold a really nice Yugo for $400.

The Hi-Point is worth around $300, right? 500 rounds of 7.62x39 is worth around $250. If you give him $100, then your end of the deal is around $400. You'd be getting the SKS for about $150.

I'd do it.

I didn't take your ammo into account either. Still, I think it's a good deal for you. I also would much rather have the SKS than the HiPoint. I've had both, and SKSs are some of my favorite rifles.

You can always get another hipoint for around the same price. SKS prices have really risen over the past several years - and you know they won't be coming back down.

Shot a high point .40 at the range the other day it was nice but I prefer my sks. The sks can reach out and touch some one at 300 yards as for the high point I was shooting at a 100 it was all right but dont know how a .45 will do at 300 yds.

My SKS was probably the only gun I regretted selling (had a 59/66 Yugo), I didn't realize how much I enjoyed it until after it was gone.

I didn't enjoy doing the whole 922(r) dance, but I sure learned a hell of a lot more about it in the process.

Even going in the hole a little, sks will not let you down. Fun little plinker and more.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that you would be in a hole, they are smooth shooters.

what kind of sks? what condition is the sks? both major factors. regardless the sks is a far superior gun.

Lol, I just need some warm fuzzy feeling on decision.

Just seeing if you guys think the SKS is overpriced?

Thanks guys and girls

Yeah I know the feeling. I paid $235 for my unissued Yugo with 100 rds of ammo in 2012 and I would still go with this SKS. [grin]. I basically stole it but I wouldn't say that I wouldn't spend $400 for one because I would. They are awesome to shoot and are pieces of history IMHO.

I would do it. If you don't like that after market stock you can sell it.
If it comes with ammo even better. Figure the cheapest sks your going to find with out some digging or luck is 300.00.

I bought a yugo sks 7 years ago for a little over $200, they're worth about $450 or more nowadays. I own several long rifles and the sks is still my favorite.

I love all the hate for the hi points... Have 3 and a sks wouldn't sell any of them. The hi point is a great gun for what it is, a pistol cartridge carbine for 100yds and less plinking. the only advantage for the SKS is that they arnt making anymore of them so get one sooner rather then later. Hipoints can still be found new in box. I love mine though and get my 4095ts out almost every time I go to the range but the sks only comes out to play every other time.

Do you have any other rifle caliber rifles or pistol caliber carbine?

I would say you are trading up and go for it unless you have some strong emotional ties to the gun.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Had a Chinese SKS-D factory rifle that took standard AK mags...regretfully traded it away and now I'm looking for a nice Yugo...Go for the SKS you won't regret it.

I would dump that highpoint in a heartbeat to get an SKS, frankly.

-Mike

Had a Chinese SKS-D factory rifle that took standard AK mags...regretfully traded it away and now I'm looking for a nice Yugo...Go for the SKS you won't regret it.

I didn't even know they made an SKS that took AK mags... My AK may need a companion.

Back
Top Bottom