• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SKS Man of NH will not be comming down for dinner...

Not sure is anyone knew or had business with the SKS mans of NH. He use to have a web site (http://sksman.com/) and sell out of his home in NH. Over the last few years he had to suspend his business due to health problems. I had a few dealings with him and he was always fair with his prices and quality of product provided.

I was surprised to find out today that he had passed away a bit ago and his weapons are going up on auction in an estate sale. Anyone interested in going to the sale here is the info : http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=2887055

Saturday May 6, 2017 10:00 A.M. Auctioneer: Harold F. French, NH License #2204 At The Langdell Homestead Barn 697 Isaac Frye Hwy. Wilton, NH.

Mr. French has been engaged to liquidate the personal collection and store inventory of the late Paul D. Dobrydnio, also known as The SKS Man. This sale will consist of over 100 firearms including rifles, ARs and handguns, as well as, a very large quantity of accessories including ammunition, magazines, stocks, grips, receivers, tripods, scopes, slings and much much more. Many case lots to be sold in wholesale fashion. Also up for auction will be a Ford F150 1998 pick-up truck with Leer cap and trailer hitch (mileage +/- 36,350). More photos will be posted on AuctionZip.com as we unpack the 800++ lots to be sold.

A licensed federal firearms dealer will be available onsite for day of sale background checks and transfers. Cost of transfers to be borne by the buyers

Just thought some people might be interested in the info...

Paul D. Dobrydnio, 78, of Merrimack passed away on Tuesday August 9th, 2016 at Ridgewood Center in Bedford after a battle with cancer.

He was born in Springfield, MA on June 4, 1938 to the late Edmund and Emma (Sefcik) Dobrydnio.

Paul was a U.S. Navy veteran and served from 1957 to 1960. His earlier post-military career allowed him to reside in both Alaska and Germany, where he became fluent in German. A lifelong, responsible firearm enthusiast Paul took pride later in semi-retirement running his own specialty accessory business. He was proud of his Polish heritage, an avid cook, history buff, animal lover, and enjoyed friendly debates on current events.

From his web site:

[h=1]How I Got Started[/h]My name is Paul. I became a gun nut as a small boy and later in life while selling firearms at gun shows in New England under "Paul's Guns", I started displaying the SKS Rifle and some accessories along with the other items that I was selling.

One day while taking a break and walking around a show looking at what other vendors were displaying, I overheard several customers telling each other that they needed to see what the SKS Man was selling before they left the show. I never forgot that !

Having suffered a stroke in 1997, I continued to do gun shows as "Paul's Guns" until it became to difficult to do. I stopped selling guns and decided to specialize in SKS parts and their accessories on-line and I had the perfect name for the business,"SKS MAN"

Last edited:
Thats a nice little collection. RIP i did not know him bit wish i had.

Any nes'rs wanna throw in on a lot? A little group buy?

I'll raise my glass and toast a Veteran... and self-avowed gun nut. RIP SKSman

Pozwól mu spocząć w spokoju. (I hope I got that right). I'm sorry I did not meet him and empathize his family's loss.

He's been one of those guys who, over the years when I had my C&R, could be counted on to help get things up and running. He found his niche market and enjoyed it. What more could you ask for?!

Rome

He had a nice amount of SKS accessories and parts. A nice guy. Been to his house once about 10+ years ago to pick up some goodies from him.

RIP Paul D. Dobrydnio

I think I bought a couple of jungle stocks off of him. . . . . about a billion years ago. Probably 98, 99 ish?

Wait. 2000. My daughter was 3. Got the stocks in the mail, wrapped in newspaper. Unwrapped them and put them on my desk then went to go get changed for supper.

Later, during supper, my daughter got up to go to the bathroom or something. Passed by the open door of my office and BOOKED IT back to the kitchen table.

DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD!!!!!

Yeah Sam?

THERE'S A GUN ON YOUR DESK! IT'S OUT IN THE OPEN!

Freaking 3 and she was an Eddie Eagle Expert for crying out loud. Showed her it was just a stock and then we went out and got ice-cream. She'll be 20 next month. :)

It was a nice auction - scored some C&R items. Word of caution - the FFL guy literally took 8 hours to process 90 items, including with C&R FFLs. Not a king of speed there.

It was a nice auction - scored some C&R items. Word of caution - the FFL guy literally took 8 hours to process 90 items, including with C&R FFLs. Not a king of speed there.

I was there but didn't win any bids.
I thought about that later, there was only one FFL there doing the transfers, he had 106 #4473's to write and NICS checks to run.
If I had bought a gun I would have been there all day waiting to do the paperwork

There's a discussion of the auction here:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/332673-Gun-Auction-Sat-May-6-In-Wilton-NH

Paul was a nice guy in my experience. He had alot of health problems late in life but continued to try and sell accessories when he could. He had one hellnofna collection.many a polytech that's for sure. I was in my late 20s when I met him and he always was welcoming went idncall him for some kind of AK stock would let me come by the house and grab what I needed. Rest in peace Paul see you on the other side brother.

Paul was a nice guy in my experience. He had alot of health problems late in life but continued to try and sell accessories when he could. He had one hellnofna collection.many a polytech that's for sure. I was in my late 20s when I met him and he always was welcoming went idncall him for some kind of AK stock would let me come by the house and grab what I needed. Rest in peace Paul see you on the other side brother.

I was at that auction, those Polytechs went for crazy money, and that was by 2017 standards, they must be worth a ton more right now.

Back
Top Bottom