• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SKS and K31

I took a couple recent aquisitions out for a spin yesterday. The Nornico SKS was a blast to shoot and only took about 5 rds to get used to. The Swiss K31 was scary accurate, took a little longer to get used to and sighted in.

Any recomendations on addditions to these 2 rifles to trick them out a little? I'm thinking a scope for the K31 and maybe bipod for the SKS.....

That mount requires notching the stock. The one I used from S&K is pretty good. Its a scout style mount and requires the use of a pistol scope.

http://www.scopemounts.com/schmidtrubin.html

Heres what it looks like on mine:

fd5a7f4d.jpg

As for the SKS, theres not much you can do with it that will keep it legal. Check some sites and forums about keeping them compliant before adding any goodies. I can tell you from what I've read and from what I've used that most high cap mags, clamp on bi pods, muzzle breaks, are all a waste of money and are simply for cool factor alone rather than usefullness. About the only thing you can do to an SKS that is worth doing to improve function is swapping out the original stock for a Choate one. Then you can use a Harris bi pod on the front sling swivel.

Heres one of my Norincos with a Choate stock:

1a425277-1.jpg

I have a drill and tap side receiver scope mount for it also from Choate that I haven't put on yet but will soon. Choate makes the best aftermarket parts for the SKS with Tapco coming in a close second.

Last edited:
That mount requires notching the stock. The one I used from S&K is pretty good. Its a scout style mount and requires the use of a pistol scope.

http://www.scopemounts.com/schmidtrubin.html

Heres what it looks like on mine:

fd5a7f4d.jpg

Thanks for the K31 mount info - I was thinking about a scope or red dot for the K31 I just bought - I had not seen these mounts before - just the side saddle types that you need to notch the wood for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom