Skrootz “fuel filter” - hide the doggo if you buy one

JRT

NES Member
I saw this on Reddit r/NFA. You have to read the reviews and the questions. A few are a riot. My favorite,

Q: I have a 10mm survival scooter. The threads on the fuel line match. Will this effective filter the fuel?

A: You'll have the cleanest fuel around!

If you pull the trigger maybe pass on writing a review and hide the doggo!

Oh, f*** the ATF.

8839AC9B-50B0-45BC-ACE0-E12C9B12061C.jpeg
https://www.amazon.com/Filter-Aluminum-24003-Durable-Construction/dp/B079KT7NWZ

well, with the .gov shutdown and all, people are taking responsibility for their "oil filtration"

I take it that's .22 LR. Run it wet with water soluble cutting oil mixed 1:10 with tap water. It will be effective a lot longer that way. Note: This advice is only for those who are legal to use it. Jack.

I take it that's .22 LR. Run it wet with water soluble cutting oil mixed 1:10 with tap water. It will be effective a lot longer that way. Note: This advice is only for those who are legal to use it. Jack.

I think the intention here is pretty clear. People buying this are probably not going to Form 1 it. The other problem is, if somebody wanted to serialize and Form 1 this can you would have to take it to a SOT every time you would need to change the filter. The internal diameter of that filter tube does not fit any of the cone kits on the market that I know of in the build your own suppressor world. If you wanted to update it to cones and a blast chamber you would have to pay to have custom cones made. At that point just buy a suppressor from any good manufacturer.

I think the intention here is pretty clear. People buying this are probably not going to Form 1 it. The other problem is, if somebody wanted to serialize and Form 1 this can you would have to take it to a SOT every time you would need to change the filter. The internal diameter of that filter tube does not fit any of the cone kits on the market that I know of in the build your own suppressor world. If you wanted to update it to cones and a blast chamber you would have to pay to have custom cones made. At that point just buy a suppressor from any good manufacturer.
If you Form 1 it and have a bag of filters you could change the filter under a tarp at night in the wood shed. Jack.

I feel you. I have a trash panda and an omega 30 in ATF hell, I’m glad they are headed back to work Monday.

i was hoping for March 1 get out of jail cards for my Sig SRD762-QD and SRD22X, who the hell knows now?

Don't forget to pump inert gas into the chambers of your registered silencer to reduce that first shot pop. One of our local geniuses just got a US patent on that concept.

50775319_2316673261699519_8110939764472938496_n.jpg

I was looking at the table, a bit confused at first. Then I put 2 & 2 together and noped away...

You could anti-nope and use it to put a fake suppressor on a long dumb-ass bbl'd item like a STEN or UZI rifle. But they clearly aren't in the market to sell for that. They are working on the illegal-suppressor market. Which, as we all realize, is pretty stupid.

You could anti-nope and use it to put a fake suppressor on a long dumb-ass bbl'd item like a STEN or UZI rifle. But they clearly aren't in the market to sell for that. They are working on the illegal-suppressor market. Which, as we all realize, is pretty stupid.

The risk I see is that it only needs to be assembled to be a silencer. Even if the mount was unthreaded it would probably be cool. I have a complete silencer kit but the cones have not been drilled. I don’t even have a drill in the same room!

I've got a few approved Form-1s I need to complete, but I think I'll go with something more robust, can handle at least 9mm.

We have both a manual and a CNC lathe at my makerspace; all my CNC experience is on the mill...

Back
Top Bottom