Skoolie Conversion

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Why not some bright flood or spot lights?
lights designed for those holes run about $70 each. 4 on front, 4 on rear. We had considered that. There's no clear lens covers so far as I have been able to find so it would be the $70 each. Still not ruling it out 100% but before we insulate we have to decide.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
What branch? (need to know whether to insult him or not [laugh])

You should have the bus squared away just in time to drive it to graduation!
Army.

From what I am hearing, graduations are not currently open to visitors. My friend's son just completed AIT and it was literally, walk into commanders office, get your orders, shake hands, and out you go so the next one can come in. 2 week quarantine whenever you arrive at a new post. No visitors allowed.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
ok, my question is the windows. Are you keeping them in place? if so, don't you lose a lot of valuable wall space?
yes we are keeping the windows. There will be a few we block out with insulation like the ones behind the shower and the refrigerator. We want it to "keep" much of the original look so all the windows stay in place. We will have upper cabinets above the windows. I don't think we need the "wall space." Creative storage solutions and minimizing what we own will do the trick.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'd replace that stop sign with a middle finger extended sign, to flip at people that try to pass unsafely
the stop sign has been removed. not allowed to keep it.

As for the red and amber lights they are already disabled. Never heard of anyone getting in trouble for keeping them.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
The guy cutting your bus was in MI and he was going to install the hydraulics? ... or was the bus cut in one State and driven to MI?

Sorry. Maybe I missed a post. I am trying to put together in my head where everything is Getting done.
The roof raise was in KS. The company that makes the levelers is in MI and they also install. My husband didn't want to "waste the time and money" going to MI so we decided to install them ourselves. Talk about a waste of time! These things could have been done 2 months ago.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Army.

From what I am hearing, graduations are not currently open to visitors. My friend's son just completed AIT and it was literally, walk into commanders office, get your orders, shake hands, and out you go so the next one can come in. 2 week quarantine whenever you arrive at a new post. No visitors allowed.
Mine is around 3 years into a 5 year hitch with the Marines. Seeing him at graduation was my proudest moment. I'm sorry that's been taken away from recent grads and families.

Anyway, my absolute best to your soldier, even if it only the army ;)

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Army.

Honestly, I'd have loved that. I did more than my share of military graduations, and I'm still trying to get Lee Greenwood out of my head.

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
The roof raise was in KS. The company that makes the levelers is in MI and they also install. My husband didn't want to "waste the time and money" going to MI so we decided to install them ourselves. Talk about a waste of time! These things could have been done 2 months ago.
A wise co-worker once told me, "Amateurs spend time to save money. Professionals spend money to save time." [laugh]

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
A wise co-worker once told me, "Amateurs spend time to save money. Professionals spend money to save time." [laugh]
There is a certain amount of pride in figuring shit out ourselves and making it work but there is definitely a "line" where it's not worth it. Wisely, we paid someone to raise the roof. At the time, we thought the trip to MI and the expense was not worth it. Turns out, we were wrong on that one. Although my husband is super proud of the shit he has learned on "this" project.

Top Bottom