• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Skill Set: Why I Don't Like the Forty

Each to his own,

with a screen name of 40 CALIBER, you know my preference. it always kills me that people call the 40 a pussy round and the reason quoted is that the round is too hard to shoot, too much recoil.too hard on the gun...if you can't handle it ,,, is the round really the problem?

I just believe (for carry) in shooting the biggest caliber I can while maintaining the best shot placement. I was out to dinner one night and I saw this HUGE (big and heavy) guy. I was carrying my 5 shot 38 special at the time. I wasn't confident if I had to deal with a guy this big with my SW airweight that i would be successful. He was so big, he probably could take 5 body shots from the 38 and maybe not stop him if he was armed. Maybe i was completely wrong but it sure made me rethink what i carry and the confidence factor

My glock 26 oops ! 27 holds twice the number of shots, with more power, and in approximately the same footprint.

Last edited:
Yes, because I'm sure none of the gajillion LE agencies that carry and qualify with the .40S&W have never noticed these significant issues.

Yes, because I'm sure none of the gajillion LE agencies that carry and qualify with the .40S&W have never noticed these significant issues.

(Because posting it twice in the same post evidently increases the credibility.)

Whose "Him"? the author ive never seen him on any of the gunshows.

I think it wss either Guns and Gear or Guntalk that had Tiger Mckee doing the tips. Look him up on Youtube, just not an easy person to listen to.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

"The sharp recoil of the .40 literally beats pistols to death." Guy's never been to a handgun match with GM's who shoot 50,000 rounds out of their guns every year. If it takes over 50,000 strikes to beat something to death then that saying can apply to anything.

"I beat someone to death with a wiffle bat" left out fact from quote "It took a year and 50,000 strikes!

Guy sounds like an idiot.

In my experience with the .40 is that it can be snappy depending what your shooting it out of.
I only have the M&P 40c to go by, but the mags with the pinky extension it's not bad to shoot. But the mags with the flat base plate are snappy. For me, I need that extra grip.

I'm sure with a full size gun the .40 is a non issue.

Wow. I thought southern shooters were supposed to be tough. If he thinks.40 is too snappy then he must hate.357 sig.

Here's a forty trying to be a 45.

forty_oz_malt_liquor.jpg

I got my .40 XDM with the 4.5 barrel because it held 16 rounds when I was an NC resident stationed in NY... had I known about the friggen ban on "high cap" mags I would have gone 45; however, I already have it and do love my .40, it took me awhile to get good with it though.
Compared to my rifle marksmanship I still suck with a handgun though.

Back
Top Bottom