Sketchy classified ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does NES have a policy on dealing with sketchy classified ads? I've noticed a slew of them recently - rifles that are clearly in violation of the AWB, pistols for which MA compliant magazines do not exist, magazines that are clearly post ban, etc, etc, all being offered for sale in MA.

On one hand, I couldn't care less if someone wants to take the risk by owning this stuff. But to offer it for sale on this website, there's a good chance they're going to sell it to someone who doesn't know what they're buying. You want to screw yourself, fine, but don't screw over someone else (especially not on this website).

Thoughts?

TD

?? There are plenty of folks on this site from free states (e.g., VT, ME, NH) who can buy non-AWB stuff.

List some of the rifle ones IMO? As for pistols as far as I know there is no illegal pistol. Dealers can only sell ones on the approved lists. If someone has one and moves to ma it's ok. The magazine isn't legal to have which renders it useless, but would't stop a collector from buying. Just my 2cents.

There are a few vendors known in Ma to sell out of state.

There's also quite a few newer members who are citizens in free states.

All the world is not Massachusetts. [laugh]

?? There are plenty of folks on this site from free states (e.g., VT, ME, NH) who can buy non-AWB stuff.

In which case the item should be advertised as non MA compliant, to be shipped to an out of state FFL.

I'm talking about stuff that's clearly being advertised for FTF transfers in Massachusetts.

In light of these questions, I always thought it would be nice to have classifieds specifically for free states vs those in more liberty challenged. It's frustrating to see the gun you want to buy, but is for sale in the PRM, and you can't buy it because you don't have an LTC, or it's all neutered.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

In light of these questions, I always thought it would be nice to have classifieds specifically for free states vs those in more liberty challenged. It's frustrating to see the gun you want to buy, but is for sale in the PRM, and you can't buy it because you don't have an LTC, or it's all neutered.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

Well if you're a in a free state wanting to buy it, you don't need the LTC.. it needs to be sent/brought to a FFL in your state anyways

In which case the item should be advertised as non MA compliant, to be shipped to an out of state FFL.

I'm talking about stuff that's clearly being advertised for FTF transfers in Massachusetts.

I don't know nor do I care what is or isn't Mass compliant so why would I research it to see if someone in Mass can own it? It's their responsibility to know their laws. Not someone who actually lives in a state with enough balls to not pass idiotic gun laws.
If you know it's"illegal" don't buy it.

oh, I have a solution, let's create a mother****ing board of people, unionize them and pay them to screen mother****ing ads. Even better, have a 10 day waiting period to make sure user doesn't regret posting a ****ing ad meanwhile we check their background and send aliens over to their house to anally probe them. How does that sound? Even Fudds would be pleased.

You gotta be kidding me. If you're truly worried about this [rolleyes] why not PM the site owner or one of the mods?

In which case the item should be advertised as non MA compliant, to be shipped to an out of state FFL. I'm talking about stuff that's clearly being advertised for FTF transfers in Massachusetts.
it's not the job of the seller to do this, the buyer should do his or her research before purchase.

I would love to see the classified split up into two categories, MA and NON-MA firearms. The very least, put in the selling state in the title so free staters can save 30 seconds of their life.

Does NES have a policy on dealing with sketchy classified ads? I've noticed a slew of them recently - rifles that are clearly in violation of the AWB, pistols for which MA compliant magazines do not exist, magazines that are clearly post ban, etc, etc, all being offered for sale in MA.

On one hand, I couldn't care less if someone wants to take the risk by owning this stuff. But to offer it for sale on this website, there's a good chance they're going to sell it to someone who doesn't know what they're buying. You want to screw yourself, fine, but don't screw over someone else (especially not on this website).

Thoughts?

TD
Surprised it took this long, but......... Hi MARSHA. You looking for that big conspiracy to buy/sell prohibited items to boost your gubernatorial campaign?

My thoughts...

Ask the site owner to be a mod so you can police the classifieds OR use the report button.

Either way please MYOFB, who knows if some AG minion reads your unfounded comments as fact...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thoughts?

TD

Neg repped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom