Sketchy buyers in the classifieds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or are there sketchy buyers trolling the classifieds lately?

I think my spidy sense is tingling.

Make sure you dot the I's and cross the t's on all transactions. Don't let anyone talk you into anything stupid.

I knew selling my illegally obtained class 3 firearms to that guy in the ATF van seemed fishy... :p

what you mean by "sketchy"?
i am sellin something now and most people seem legit and have ratings. always nervous selling stuff on the interwebz tho. never know when some dateline guy gonna come from around the corner saying "thats illegal" or "blah blah blah...

Seriously though. I've always had good experiences with NESers. But these recent conversations make me uneasy. And they're all new members with wicked low post counts. Not really part of the community; eh?

Yeah some of these people that have been members for years with less than 10 post and no feedback.

Take the "deposit". I took several deposits on the Glocks while I waited on my LTC.

If he back out.. Tell him he can only get store credit :p

Oh, like the guy with no LTC wanting to buy my AR15 begging me to just cash his check. He'll get a license later. He promises.

Really?!

Oh, like the guy with no LTC wanting to buy my AR15 begging me to just cash his check. He'll get a license later. He promises.

Really?!

damn! thats nuts.. id take a nonrefundable deposit with a deadline or just say NO t that one. some people are nuts.

There's lots of people who just cruise the classifieds. I had someone buy a BUIS from me with 0 posts but joined years ago. Was sketched out a bit at first.

i havent bought a gun of an NES'r since last year late but Im 4 for 4 with nothing but great stuff to say about all 4 transactions...all legal and smooth...

I just started buying and selling but so far so good. I see a lot of attitude in the classifieds and that turns me off from wanting to do business. When i read an ad I try to see what kind of vibe I get. I like this forum , but yah that situation you describe does seem really shady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom