Six Flags Great America shooting: 3 injured in parking lot of Illinois amusement park

Reptile

NES Member

A witness said people were running and screaming after someone opened fire in the parking lot of Six Flags Great America​

Three people were injured in a shooting in the parking lot of Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Illinois, Sunday night.

A spokesperson for the amusement park confirmed to Fox News Digital that shots were fired from a single car in the parking lot that immediately drove off. Two people were taken to an area hospital. A third person declined to be treated, the spokesperson said. The park closed early.

The shooting sparked panic and confusion among people inside the amusement park. Video posted on Twitter showed people taking shelter. Other videos showed people walking around while ambulances and police cars could be seen in the background.

Continues...

Somewhat related...Looks like this is just everyday behavior at the place....

Though it will probably take years to cull out the riff raff on just price hikes alone...If at all...

Last time I went to a Six Flags was in Agawam about 2001 while home on leave with my teenage kids ...Was already becoming a miserable experience then...Good until about 2:00 and then the mobs arrived; line cutting, obnoxious behavior, tweenagers with a vocabulary in public that shocked the senses...no adults anywhere....

That was it for us...never even considered a visit there again...

Somewhat related...Looks like this is just everyday behavior at the place....

Though it will probably take years to cull out the riff raff on just price hikes alone...If at all...

Last time I went to a Six Flags was in Agawam about 2001 while home on leave with my teenage kids ...Was already becoming a miserable experience then...Good until about 2:00 and then the mobs arrived; line cutting, obnoxious behavior, tweenagers with a vocabulary in public that shocked the senses...no adults anywhere....

That was it for us...never even considered a visit there again...

Yeah. I was thinking, "6F is not family friendly anymore. Hasn't been in at least 20 years."

Strangest day I've ever had was a Thursday we hit the Marshfield Fair. The # of 12yo prostitutes wandering around was staggering. Not sure if Marshfield Middle teaches prostitution or if they were imported from other school districts. But dressed and made up like HO'S! Just damn. Little white girls wandering around like they were doing the stroll. WTF????

It wasn't unsafe. Just really really odd. This has to also be about 15 years ago.

As far as thuggery at 6F and others, park owners are UNwilling to hire security and thow these bums out the second they act up. Same problem that many malls experienced 15-20 years ago. I recall the HUGE gang fight at Silver City. You could have sped on any major highway south of Boston that night - because every single SP officer was pulled for that riot. There wasn't a cop on the road! All because mall ownership was unwilling to toss trash out on the street.

Same here. Same at Providence Place. Buddy of mine that worked Silver City and was a Taunotn Cop went to PPM a couple of years later. He gets home and calls me. "You're not going to believe this." "PPM is gang heaven, John. How many people you arrested were there?" "I saw THREE in the food court alone. WTF?" LOL

Back
Top Bottom