• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Situational awareness defined

Why do officers sometimes have their hands on their guns? This is why. Props also for shutting down the second guy without firing at him.

View: https://twitter.com/mayor_jlo/status/1389953413622992897?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1390078792245268481%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.powerlineblog.com%2Farchives%2F2021%2F05%2Fa-moment-in-the-life.php

Sorry if this is a dupe. I searched, but not sure what it may be hiding as, nor how old this is. EDIT: One source says Noble, OK, in 2018.

EDIT 2: Yes, Noble, OK, December 2018.

Longer video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqYtt3Iw8AM

Last edited:
Looks like the second guy was going to help the first, not attack the officer. He wasn't thinking and started moving. He will have to go to the ER as well. It isn't often you crap yourself and pucker your undershorts up into your large intestine simultaneously.

Can’t tell if the audio is off. Who is racking the slide in the video?

Good for him. Handled it well, lived, and rid us all of a scumbag thief, at a minimum.

You can see that immediate and sometimes overwhelming rush of adrenaline as it happens, when he’s initially yelling shots fired and hasn’t even keyed his handmike yet. This is the dump of adrenaline that also causes a lot of scenes to go bad, that shit does weird stuff to your body physiologically and people legit lose function of their limbs, or the correlation between your brain and hands is totally and suddenly off track to retarded levels.

Getting close can go very well or very poorly.

A now-gone friend of mine was a cop. He was a bigga-boy. 6'4-5, maybe 280. BIG guy. What was funny (as a law abiding citizen) was he was one of the best grapplers around. The dirtbags in town sort of knew this. It was somewhat rare for him to have to go-to-ground. But not everyone was a "regular." His speed and weight was a major advantage. He'd just launch and land on them. LOL. Then start slapping them in the sides, open handed.

Fortunate thing is that the other guy didn't come around the house a few seconds earlier. That would have diverted the LEO's attention enough to probably cost him his life instead of the perp.

The third guy has the best reaction in the clip.
“What do I do in a gun fire?- Ah, the f***er is down, I gonna jump in for loots, must has some legendary items.”
Totally genius.

Looks very similar to every shooting I’ve witnessed...You never know who you’re dealing with, when dealing with a Stranger.

Impressive reaction.

Hard to tell, but it 'appears' he had a warrant for armed robbery and was riding a motorcycle 'without safety equipment'.

The only way it could be more epic (and laundry-inducing)
would be if the LEO grabbed the assailant's pistol such that the
frame moved back enough to put it out of battery and
depress the disconnector.

Not saying that's the way to roll.
Jus' sayin'.

The only way it could be more epic (and laundry-inducing)
would be if the LEO grabbed the assailant's pistol such that the
frame moved back enough to put it out of battery and
depress the disconnector.

Not saying that's the way to roll.
Jus' sayin'.
I usually don’t call you out but you were watching way too much John Wick. You just witnessed The real John Wick...

One thing I always see in police shooting videos. Cops are always more worried about declaring "shots fired" on the radio than they are dealing with the issue at hand and securing the scene. Take care of the threats first, two hands available to fight or hands on your gun, once you're code 4, then take your hand off the gun and call it in. I've seen a lot of cops miss or make ineffective hits and then get shot to death while they're are screaming shots fired on the radio with their off hand in a panic and winging return fire everywhere with their strong hand. Worse case, if it's on ongoing threat, at least wait until you're behind cover to go for the radio.

I'm more impressed with the left hand re-direct of the perp's gun than the draw/shoot. The whole thing was a remarkable reaction.

I usually don’t call you out but you were watching way too much John Wick. You just witnessed The real John Wick...
Wonder if he's gonna invest in a sleeve gun...?
P. S. I have relatives named Wick.

One thing I always see in police shooting videos. Cops are always more worried about declaring "shots fired" on the radio than they are dealing with the issue at hand and securing the scene. Take care of the threats first, two hands available to fight or hands on your gun, once you're code 4, then take your hand off the gun and call it in. ...
Operate, Navigate, Communicate.
Lookit what's in third place...

... I've seen a lot of cops miss or make ineffective hits and then get shot to death while they're are screaming shots fired on the radio with their off hand in a panic and winging return fire everywhere with their strong hand. ...
Last thing going through their mind:
"I guess when seconds count,
we really are just minutes away".
[shocked]

Sleeve gun...I’m more interested in his bulletproof suit...If I ever had a Taylor I’d say I “address” both to the left and Right

Fortunate thing is that the other guy didn't come around the house a few seconds earlier. That would have diverted the LEO's attention enough to probably cost him his life instead of the perp.
He was there the whole time he got up and ran after the shots went off

Back
Top Bottom