• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sirhan Sirhan was recommended for parole.

The law under which he was sentenced resulted in him being sentenced to death. In 1972, the CASC ruled death sentences unconstitutional. That changed again in 1977, however prior commutations were not reinstated.

So, no, not good.
I agree. Eff the bastard, he should have had his sentence carried out.

And I'll bet the guy who prosecuted him would agree - you might recognize him from Stephen Ambrose's Band Of Brothers:

Lynn Compton - Wikipedia

He has't been paroled. The panel voted in favor, but then it undergoes a 120 day review process, and parole can only be finally granted by the governor.

We don't know who will be the governor of California in 4 months.

His revolver held eight rounds; more than eight shots were fired. The hotel was owned by the Mob.
Still, I’d pay good money to have an old dame wear a polka dot dress and pick him up from prison. The global mind f*** would be priceless.

I can sort of agree with this, but political assassinations are to me a whole other level of homicide. So, I'm not sure how I feel.
It looks like we might agree on something.

The assassinations of politicians who are a drain on society and the taxpayer are at a lower level than the murders of employers and contributors to the common wealth.

Unless I’ve completely misunderstood your post and your a statist POS who values the lives of politicians over others.

I can sort of agree with this, but political assassinations are to me a whole other level of homicide. So, I'm not sure how I feel.
I hear you, but when you start to make "other levels", how do you do it?

POTUS/vPOTUS?
Congresscritters and above?
State officers and above?
Local Zoning Board Members and above?
Anyone that works for the town?
Last I heard, health care workers were heroes - how about a nurse? Then is it RN only, or LPNs too?

It's like a "Hate Crime" enhancement - how many crimes are love crimes?

Back in the day, Lese majeste was a whole 'nother thing, but we tried to correct that, back in the late 1700s, IIRC.

Let him free in Hyannis
To what end?

If we agree that the law is the law, and that all should follow it, then he's paid his debt. There are many on here (myself included) that believe that once you're out of the can, all of your rights should be restored. If so, this dude deserves life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. If not, who decides who is fit to get on with their lives?

Someone that f's him up in Hyannis is no better than he.

Why would we care?
Because I'm pretty sure that we don't what Paul Kersey and his peeps an' homies roaming the streets. Sure, at first it would be the scumbags, drug dealers, etc., but before too long, you'll have people getting shot for petty theft. Then, the relatives of the dead (alleged) thief will come gunning for the shooter.

If someone is irredeemable, the State should remove them quickly, and humanely.
If someone is redeemable, they should be allowed back into society, once the debt is paid.

I'm not a statist, but anarchy is a less-than-ideal situation for pretty much everyone.

Does not seem to like Democrats...
It flipped when he was in prison.
He killed because of Kennedy's support of Israel over Palestine (supposedly)
Now the parties flipped on support of Palestine
If he had a vote he would vote Democrat.

I wonder if he gets deported as he is not American.

Let him free in Hyannis
From a recent PM of mine:

... one of the first Chump Line calls I got on the air was:

It may be the Vernal Equinox,​
but it's not really Spring in Hyannis,​
until a Kennedy drives down the sidewalk.​

A long time later I discovered that
I had actually read that joke in 2009
in an article about Howie.

So then I thought that I got on the air
by submitting a Howie joke as my own to Howie's own show.
And I apologized to him.
[shocked]

Even later I discovered an article by Howie admitting that
he'd stolen the joke from someone else.

It looks like we might agree on something.

The assassinations of politicians who are a drain on society and the taxpayer are at a lower level than the murders of employers and contributors to the common wealth.

Unless I’ve completely misunderstood your post and your a statist POS who values the lives of politicians over others.
I certainly don't value the life of a politician more than anyone else. What I value is the idea that we have the ability to choose our politicians and leaders - granted we're not usually happy with the choices we get. Political assassination alters the available choices. An assassin effectively negates a choice that has been made by some subset of the electorate. In that respect assassination is a different kind of homicide because effects our choice as voters.

There was very strong support for RFK in 1968 and he likely would have been the Democrats nominee. Instead they got Hubert Humphrey. Probably not the first choice for most. It's also not unreasonable to speculate that RFK would have beaten Nixon in the general election. If you accept that as a possibility then RFK's murder was much more than just a homicide. Sirhan Sirhan's real crime could be thought of as extreme election interference.

I understand, and to a certain point, agree. That's why we have "assassination" and "murder" as separate concepts.

Unfortunately, AFAIK, there's no real, precise differentiation between the two. It's not just a pol....it's anyone "notable."

My issue is that there's an increasing stratification in our society, where "privilege" (meaning 'private law') is ramping up. Cops with qualified immunity; hate crime enhancements; different sentencing for crack and powder coke. The list goes on.

An eye for an eye was originally a limitation, not a requirement.

I thought the same thing...f***ing disgrace

Regardless how you feel about them personally. From everything i read Bobby wasn't as bad as jack.

Its embarrassing he's being released
Why, someone shoots Your brother and he/she is out in 8 or 10, he was just a man, no better or worse then anyone except Ashli Babbit.

Last edited:
Why, someone shoots Your brother and he/she is out in 8 or 10, he was just a man, no better or worse then anyone except Ashli Babbit.
I disagree. Losing any presidential family to assassination is embarassing in its own right.

Compound that with the fact bobby himself was a candidate for the presidency. He shouldve been publicly executed. It projects a poor image of weakness to other countries to let him go free.

Its more than just murder in this case its about perception on a global scale

I disagree. Losing any presidential family to assassination is embarassing in its own right.

Compound that with the fact bobby himself was a candidate for the presidency. He shouldve been publicly executed. It projects a poor image of weakness to other countries to let him go free.

I mean, with all the ways we're comprehensively screwing all our friends on a grand scale, I doubt too many foreign countries are going to give a damn about the release of a murderer who's been in jail 50 years.

If anything, they probably see it as a positive step. Most countries we think of as our peers let their murderers out a whole lot sooner than that. They already think our criminal-justice system is barbaric.

He has't been paroled. The panel voted in favor, but then it undergoes a 120 day review process, and parole can only be finally granted by the governor.

We don't know who will be the governor of California in 4 months.

Well, if it’s Newsom, he will do it. And give him all sorts of cash and an apartment in SF.

Let him free in Hyannis
Erah. Erah.

my oldest went to school with a Lebanese guy named Haime Haime.

I mean, with all the ways we're comprehensively screwing all our friends on a grand scale, I doubt too many foreign countries are going to give a damn about the release of a murderer who's been in jail 50 years.

If anything, they probably see it as a positive step. Most countries we think of as our peers let their murderers out a whole lot sooner than that. They already think our criminal-justice system is barbaric.
A normal murderer sure

But this guy did assisinate a potential head of state and the former head of state, who mind you was executed, his brother.

I'm gunna stick to my guns and say if someone popped a few in the queens wrinkly ass hed be zapped on live tv

The Queen? Of ENGLAND????

Yeahno. There would be initial outrage. Then there would be the "lovable rogue" backlash - especially against that inbred, rich, white, hag. Suddenly, the fact that she's royalty and white will be the reason it's perfectly OK to assassinate her. The lad would be hailed as a national hero.

Remember - The UK is about 15 years behind us in technology and about 20 years ahead in liberal stupidity. (Maybe less. I'm hoping 20. LOL)

Does the dead person have to be a "viable" candidate, or can anyone, like whomever ran for the Libertarian, or Commie parties get the same "justice"?

Unless every convicted murder gets offed, then none should. As I stated above, if he were running for Senate, instead of POTUS, would it be the same?

I concur. But to be clear, Bobby was GOING to win in 68. There was no doubt. One has to wonder if Sirhan Sirhan worked for G Gordon Liddy. Because that one event turned the Dem party into complete disarray for a half-decade. (Well, more than that - how do you nominate Jimmy Carter as a presidential candidate. . . . . . . or Joe Biden. Nevermind. I keep answering my own questions. LOL)

Very few people serve 50+ years for a single murder...

Ostensibly they are locked away for the purposes of punishment and rehabilitation, and it comes down to the safety of the public. Is the public more or less endangered by an assasin who kills a specific person than a serial killer? Or some gangbanger type who leaves multiple bodies in his wake and is always f'ing up in some dangerous way? The latter rarely serves even half of that.

I guess I don't care too much, other than not missing the Michael and Fredo of the Kennedy crime family so much. Sonny either, but it took him long enough to kick off; should have been in a cell himself.

I guess I don't care too much, other than not missing the Michael and Fredo of the Kennedy crime family so much. Sonny either, but it took him long enough to kick off; should have been in a cell himself.
Boy have you got those two labels backwards.
fat-ted-kennedy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom